Internal Communication Specialist
In this role you are responsible for developing and delivering internal communication strategies. You help all the senior leaders of the staff departments (i.e. HR, IT, Legal, Operations) to spread information on mission, core values and strategy throughout the company. You are a driving force and sparring partner on form as well as content to your internal stakeholders. With every request, you will determine whether the information is valuable to everyone or not. You develop and roll out a communication plan in accordance with the requesting party. You condense complex issues/ideas into simple, honest and compelling communication and ensure messages are of high quality and easy to understand. You share the messages in a timely way via the right channels including writing news items, speeches and video scripts. You will work with local as well as global colleagues and you report to the Head of Corporate Communications.
To succeed in the role of Internal Communications Specialist, you are a strong networker. You build relationships with senior leaders and key stakeholders in the business to identify communication needs. Your excellent planning, coordination and organizational skills, help you to manage competing priorities and integrate input from multiple stakeholders while working towards deadlines. Your strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence without authority makes you a team player and trusted advisor to senior management.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in communications or similar;
- You have a minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience in internal communications topped with experience in or knowledge of the financial industry (preferably the asset management industry);
- You have demonstrable experience creating and delivering communication strategies;
- You have strong writing & analytical skills. turning complex matters into clear and convincing messages;
- You have Excellent written and verbal communication skills: interviewing, writing, copy editing, proof reading;
- You are fluent in English and preferably Dutch.
Headquartered in the heart of Rotterdam and being part of Orix Corporation, Robeco is a global asset manager with more than 950 colleagues in 16 offices worldwide. They are leading in Sustainable Investing, with a strong range of client propositions in quant, thematic, credits and emerging markets investing. Research lies at the heart of everything they do, with a pioneering approach that has been part of their heritage since our foundation in the Netherlands in 1929.
Robeco has EUR 169 billion in assets under management, of which EUR 161 billion is committed to ESG integration. Currently, their Communications department (9 fte) is developing greatly.