bekend met de sector onderwijs en met een 'handson' mentaliteit
Governmental Relations Representative
Interesse? Kijk snel verder
- John M. Keynesplein, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 5-10 jaar
We are looking for a:
Governmental Relations Representative
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Vermilion has an excellent opportunity for an Governmental Relations Representative in Amsterdam with exposure to Harlingen. This position will report directly to the Commercial Manager. The successful incumbent is responsible for the coordination of all governmental affairs within the business unit, pertaining to the ongoing operations to ensure that adequate relations are built and maintained with the range of local and regional governments associated with VEN’s activities. Project Communication is effectively used to ensure that permitting, right of way and operational activities are supported such that a timely follow up is provided to governmental affairs matters required to achieve and maintain VEN’s license to operate at all times.
Position Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the governmental relations with respect to the external contacts required with the range of stakeholders in VEN’s activities and shape the external image at a general business unit level in support of the projects and production operations.
- Closely liaise with the permitting and land & lease functions as well as the operations and engineering departments to ensure the governmental affairs requirements are covered as an integral part of the projects that are being prepared and executed, with the aim that the local and regional governments and stakeholders are not surprised by our anticipated activities
- Advise the leadership on public and political developments in an early stage at various levels relevant to VEN’s operational activities.
- Participate, where deemed relevant, in general industry activities relating to governmental affairs such NOGEPA workgroups, EBN liaisons and general initiatives for the oil and gas sector in the Netherlands.
- Identify and maintain strong, positive relations with governmental contacts at a national, provincial, and municipal level.
- Seek proactive engagement with all relevant external parties to convey the key messages around the business objectives of the NBU to assist in acquiring and maintaining the license to operate at all times.
- Compile and maintain general overviews, presentations, position papers and key messages for active use in internal meetings and external contacts with respect to governmental affairs. Use the Communications Representative as resource and tailor the communication towards the audiences effectively;
- Carefully record and follow-up on meetings with external stakeholders;
- Work collaboratively with and support the Communications Rep on the creation of hard copy and electronic communication platforms
- Maintain a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible workplace
- 5 to 10 years of previous industry experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) with relevant experience; A master’s degree is preferred; not a necessity.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of the oil and gas industry.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and critical analysis skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to build relationships and work constructively with others to achieve business goals.
- Strong communication skills in both spoken and written English and Dutch is a necessity.
Attributes & Characteristics
- Open and honest team player
- Positive and engaging personality
- Flexible, influential and assertive when required
- Able to plan and prioritize competing activities
- Proactive and Innovative approach
- Create new ideas and challenge existing assumptions
- Netherlands based office, international company, headquartered in Alberta, Canada
- Diverse asset base in Europe, Australia, US and Canada
- 20-year history of market outperformance
- Ranked among the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada, France and The Netherlands
- Challenging and inspiring environment that embraces teamwork and collaboration
- Strong community investment and committed to giving back to the communities where our people live and work
Vermilion is committed to ensuring we conduct our activities in a manner that will protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the public. Our HSE vision is to fully integrate Health, Safety and Environment into our business, where our culture is recognized as a model by industry and stakeholders, resulting in a healthy workplace free of incidents. All positions at Vermilion require a commitment to high levels of excellence in respect to HSE, reinforcing our corporate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Respect, and Responsibility.
This position is a full time position and will requires significant field presence in both the office and on site in various location across our operating area.
To apply for the position, please follow the instructions on the job posting or send your CV and motivational letter to via our application form, by clicking on the apply button. For more details, please call Sophia Ruiter on 0517 – 493 327.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Oil, Gas, Government, Govermental, Overheid, Olie, Oil Industry, Gas Industry, Olie-industrie, Gasindustrie
Vermilion is an oil-leveraged producer that seeks to create value through the acquisition, exploration, development and optimization of producing properties in Western Canada, Europe and Australia.