1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD fellowship | preclinical PET imaging at the Tracer Center Amsterdam
You will evaluate in vivo the next generation of PET tracers to detect protein aggregates in Parkinson diseaseYour challengeTogether with 3 other Early Stage …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 uur
- € 2336 - € 2992 per maand
You will evaluate in vivo the next generation of PET tracers to detect protein aggregates in Parkinson disease
Together with 3 other Early Stage Researchers (to be recruited respectively by Neurobiology Research Unit (NRU) at Rigshospitalet and University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Eberhard Karl’s Universität Tübingen (EKUT), and Uppsala University (UU)), you will contribute to the implementation of PET-AlphaSy’s Work package 3 which focuses on biological evaluation of α-synuclein PET tracers.
Predictive in vitro and in vivo assays are essential to validate the potential of possible α-synuclein tracers. The candidate will establish several Parkinson’s Disease in vivo models, which will be used to characterize and compare the binding behavior of tracers developed within the consortium. The candidate will also develop and establish new PET imaging protocols and analysis procedures for the novel α-synuclein PET tracers.
Whereas EKUT and UU will develop suitable in vitro assays, VUMC, EKUT and UU will set-up rodent models at their labs and use them to evaluate the new PET tracers developed within this project by the other two PhD fellows hired for this project.
Mobility within the PET-AlphaSy European Training Network is of high importance and you are therefore expected to spend 3 months at Eberhard Karl’s Universität Tübingen and 3 months at Eckert & Ziegler, Eurotope GmbH.
The candidates will be enrolled at the ONWAR (Graduate School Neurosciences Amsterdam Rotterdam, www.onwar.nl) at the VUmc. The graduate program requires the student to obtain 30 ECTS points during the PhD trajectory in order to graduate.
We are looking for a dedicated and skilled individual with excellent analytical skills, good command of written and spoken English and should be able to work in a team as well as independently. You also have the following qualifications:
- Obtained a MSc degree in neurosciences or life sciences;
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo tracer evaluation;
- Experience with neurological diseases and neuroimaging;
- Interest in molecular imaging and PET imaging;
- Preferably passed the course in Laboratory Animal Science EU Function ABD (formerly FELASA Category C).
- The researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the Netherlands for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment – unless as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention.
- The researcher must be Early Stage Researcher (ESR): at time of recruitment he/she must be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of his/her research careers and must not have been awarded a doctoral degree.
Salary Scale PHD: 2336 tot 2992 euro gross when employed full-time (depending on qualifications and experience).
In addition we give a bonus of 8,3% of the year’s salary at the end of the year and 8% of the year’s salary as holiday bonus. VUmc employees can profit from a advantageous health care insurance and other benefits. For more information see our website.
According to the rules of the EU, PhD fellows working in a ITN program might have additional salary bonus as living and family allowance. These are to be established based on the personal situation of the candidate.
For Dutch citizens it is mandatory to provide a VOG (a declaration of good behaviour).
The application must include a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, a list of peer reviewed publications, as well as possible letters of recommendation and diplomas.
Don’t hesitate to call us!
If you’re interested about this position, you can contact dr. W. Beaino at +3120444 5544 or alternatively Prof. dr. A.D. Windhorst, via telephone number +31 20 444 9707.
If you need more information about the application procedure, contact Brend de Jong, corporate recruiter at 020-444 5635.
You can apply till 23 December 2018 by using the apply button.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.