1 dag geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
The Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA), one of the six research schools of the Faculty of Humanities, currently has a vacant postdoctoral position …
Vrije Universiteit is looking for three PhD students within the P1 project: PhD-1: • Study regime transitions and anomaly detection in the financial sector, …
Vrije Universiteit is looking for three PhD students within the P1 project:
• Study regime transitions and anomaly detection in the financial sector, including smart maintenance of ICT infrastructure and trading & risk in financial markets.
• VU/UvA/NLeSC, part-time at ING bank
• Services for Large-scale On-line Video Surveillance, focusing on using large scale High Performance Computing to speed up the machine learning
• VU/UvA, part-time at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
• Study the development of DL algorithms for time series of sensory data with limited availability of labeled data as part of the aforementioned service. In addition, develop ways to gain insight into the learned concepts within the networks.
• VU, part-time at Semiotic Labs.
Candidates should have a MSc degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computational Science or closely related area and should be able to work well in teams. Candidates ideally have expertise in both High Performance Computing and Machine Learning/Deep Learning, but PhD-level courses are available if one such expertise is missing.
Successful candidates are expected to write scientific papers for international peer-reviewed journals, present his/her work in international conferences, and finalize the work in a PhD thesis.
The responsibilities of a PhD also include giving a limited amount of teaching.
The initial appointment will be for a period of 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment this will be extended for a total duration of 4 years. You may find information about our excellent fringe benefits at http://www.workingatvu.nl.
• Remuneration of 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
• participation in a solid pension scheme (ABP);
• a minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment.
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and range from a minimum of € 2,222 gross per month in the first year up to a maximum of € 2,840 gross per month (salary scale 85.0-3) based on a full-time employment.
The NWO-TTW program Efficient Deep Learning (EDL) combines Dutch experts from the Machine Learning and the Computing communities. The program starts mid 2018 and funds about 25 new research positions (mostly PhD students), who will work together with a variety of companies.
Within EDL, project P1: Deep Learning as a Service (DLaaS) studies how to develop a service for EDL that makes the application of Deep Learning algorithms less cumbersome. From a scientific point of view, this project is a collaboration between Vrije Universiteit (VU), the University of Amsterdam (UvA), TU Eindhoven, and the Netherlands eScience Center (NLeSC). The techniques that will be developed in this project will be applied in various case studies at companies. The companies participating in P1 are: ING Bank NV, Semiotics Labs, Schiphol, Océ, SURFsara, and Mobiquity Inc.
For additional information please contact:
Prof. dr. Rob van Nieuwpoort (for PhD-1)
Prof. dr. ir. Henri Bal (for PhD-2)
Dr. Mark Hoogendoorn (for PhD-3)
Department of Computer Sciences: http://www.cs.vu.nl/
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature