5 PhD positions in Business
Are you a highly-motivated student interested in doing research in one of the research fields of the Amsterdam Business Research Institute (ABRI)? Then you can now apply for one of the following PhD positions
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2395 - € 3061 per maand
You will conduct independent, high-quality business research, supervised by a team of professors, and incorporate the research findings in a doctoral dissertation. Also, you will be involved in teaching activities at the School of Business and Economics. Depending on your prior education, you will follow a customized training program at ABRI to boost your research skills and prepare you for an academic career.
- Applicants should have an MPhil / Research Master’s (e.g., our Business in Society Programme) or a university master’s degree with excellent grades in business, economics or a related discipline like psychology, sociology and other (depending on the PhD project) Preference will be given to applicants who already have relevant education and experience with conducting academic business research (e.g., Research Master’s degree)
- We expect candidates to show a proactive research orientation
- To be proficient in written and spoken English
- Candidates are expected to apply with a research proposal following the ABRI format. The proposal should be written in consultation with a professor from the School of Business and Economics, and the topic of the research proposal must fit with one or more ABRI research tracks
ConditionsPhD candidates can rely on the intensive supervision and the extensive training offered by the ABRI’s leading researchers in the field. They will follow the three or four-year ABRI PhD Program at the School of Business and Economics. The School offers opportunities to attend conferences, meet other international researchers, and participate in various training modules that support PhD candidates’ knowledge and skills development. Many of our PhD candidates spend some time abroad during their trajectory. The prospects for the School’s doctoral graduates on the labor market are excellent, both inside and outside the academic world.
We are offering a challenging position in a socially involved organization. The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts €2,395 (PhD) per month during the first year and increases to €3,061 (PhD) per month during the fourth year, based on a full-time employment. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for one year. After satisfactory evaluation, the contract will be extended for a total duration of three years (for research master candidates) or four years (for regular master candidates).
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- contribution to commuting expenses
- discounts on collective insurances (healthcare- and car insurance)
- good paid parental leave scheme
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload the following documents until January 15, 2021.
- CV (resume)
- Statement of purpose (explaining your motivation for a PhD at ABRI)
- Research Proposal (please use the ABRI template)
- Academic diplomas (in the original language and with certified translation in English or Dutch)
- Academic transcripts (lists of grades, in the original language and with certified translation in English or Dutch)
- Academic paper (e.g., Master thesis or article)
- Two letters of recommendation by academics from a relevant field
- GMAT/GRE test results (for applicants with a master diploma from a university outside the Netherlands)
- IELTS/TOEFL test results (for non-Dutch citizens who are not native speakers of English, and for whom the language of instruction was not English)
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Ina Putter
Position: Head Research Office
or the abri website: https://abri.vu.nl/en/doctoral-education/phd-programme/phd-vacancies/index.aspx
Start of the program: September 1, 2021