Assistant/Associate Professor Of Strategic Leadership (Tenure Track)
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 6317 per maand
As part of our growth ambitions, we seek a new colleague who is passionate about doing research at the highest level and deliver high-quality education on strategic leadership and leadership development. The vacancy is positioned at the intersection of two research themes of the department Management & Organisation (M&O): strategy and leadership. Thus, in line with this positioning the candidates will be expected to collaborate with researchers from both research sections of M&O: Strategy & Organisation and HRM/Organisational Behaviour. Candidates working on such topics as leadership development, careers of CEOs, and executive boards would have an advantage. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of relevant research published in a top tier journals and experience in the leadership development education at both MSc and MBA levels. The position is embedded in a supportive international work environment that is characterized by a strong commitment towards research quality and productivity, teaching innovation, teamwork and executive education.
- initiate and perform high-quality research in the fields of leadership and strategic leadership, culminating in top tier publications and grant acquisitions
- teach and design courses at the bachelor level (e.g., the SBE International Business Administration), master level (e.g., MSc Business Administration, and/or MBA and Executive MBA), and postgraduate level (e.g., full-time/part-time PhD programmes; executive education); supervise bachelor and master theses
- contribute to the management of the Department / School committees
- be committed to obtaining a university teaching qualification, or to posses one already
Candidates are required to have a PhD in Business Administration/Management, or a related field in the social sciences, and should be fluent in English. A strong track record of research publications in top journals in the field of management and organizational behaviour is a strong asset.
ConditionsWe offer challenging position in an international and ambitious research group. Depending on the candidate’ merits and career stage, the position may be filled as (tenured) assistant professor or associate professor. The initial employment contract for assistant professors will be for a period of 6 years, with the possibility of obtaining a permanent position (tenure). The position involves research (40%) and teaching (60%). At the end of the second year a performance evaluation will take place. The Tenure Track Committee will review your file including the evaluation and advice on continuation of your tenure track. In the fifth year, the Tenure Track Committee will review your file in order to decide upon the tenured assignment, based on the assessment criteria of the Tenure Track system SBE. For associate professor tailored contract will be agreed upon.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Send us an e-mail with your curriculum vitae including your publications, a personal vision statement (+/- 1 page) about research and teaching, and cover letter by January 23, 2021
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: prof.dr. Svetlana Khapova
Position: Professor of Careers and Organization Studies
Telephone: +31 20 598 5667
If you have any questions regarding moving to Amsterdam, and working at VU Amsterdam, you may contact:
Name: Wytske Siegersma
Position: Relocation Advisor
Telephone: +31 (20) 59 85037