ASSISTANT (OR ASSOCIATE) PROFESSOR
The successful candidate is expected to do research, teach, and supervise Bachelor, Master and PhD students in the field of Organizational Psychology. You are …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 4852 - € 6567 per maand
The successful candidate is expected to do research, teach, and supervise Bachelor, Master and PhD students in the field of Organizational Psychology. You are expected to develop new ideas in research and education covering the main research themes of Organizational Psychology. You are expected (1) to acquire funding (independently or jointly with colleagues) for research, (2) provide excellent teaching, (3) show administrative skills, and (4) engage in professional service activities.
The ratio of research / teaching time is 50% / 50%. Acquisition of external research funding may lead to teaching time reductions.
• Teaching in Bachelor and Masters programs
• Supervise Masters and, if possible, PhD-students
• Contribute to and write research grant proposals
• Performing research in the field of Organizational Psychology with a focus on a field related to research interests of the section (such as organizational neuroscience)
• Contribute to administrative tasks in the section
• Develop contacts with work organizations in public and private sector
• MA completed PhD-thesis in Organizational Psychology -- or a closely related field, such as work/social/ personality/evolutionary psychology or social/cognitive neuroscience
• A competitive research track record commensurate with the level of appointment (including first authored articles)
• A demonstrable interest in teaching and excellent teaching skills
• the possession of or the willingness to acquire a BKO (i.e. University Teaching Qualification)
• Flexibility in teaching a range of (organizational) psychology courses in Bachelor and Master's programs;
• Demonstrable expertise in acquisition of research funding
• Successful in collaborating with external partners and industry
• Demonstrable organizational qualifications and communication skills
• Fluency in English is required (fluency in Dutch at the time of appointment is desirable but not required. yet candidates are expected to be able to communicate with staff and students in Dutch within two years of appointment)
Assistant Professor (UD) or Associate professor (UHD)
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts for the position UD2 salary scale 11 to a maximum gross monthly salary of €4.852 and for the position UD1 salary scale 12 to a maximum gross monthly salary of €5.513 in both situations depending on your education and experience.
For the position UHD2 salary scale 13 to a maximum gross monthly salary of €5.978 and for the position UHD1 salary scale 14 to a maximum gross monthly salary of €6.567 in both situations depending on your education and experience.
The job profile is UD or UHD, depending upon your experience, based on the university job ranking system, and is vacant for 1.0 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for five years. After 5 years there will be a review.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
• a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
• 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
• considerable employer’s contribution to the ABP pension scheme
• contribution to commuting expenses
• optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Are you interested in the position UD or UHD? Please send us an e-mail with your curriculum vitae and motivation letter indicating your research and teaching interests by 18-1-2019. Mention which position you apply on including the vacancy number 18422.
Name: mw A.G.A. Brinkman
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof dr. Mark van Vugt
Position: Professor / head of the section
Telephone: +31 -20-5985323/0653853831