Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - College voor de toelating van gewasbeschermingsmiddelen en biociden (Ctgb) - Ede
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR BIOINFORMATICS
Are you a researcher with a strong international research profile in either Bioinformatics or Statistical Machine Learning? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
Are you a researcher with a strong international research profile in either Bioinformatics or Statistical Machine Learning?
Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you. Apply for the position of:
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR BIOINFORMATICS
Hours per week: 38-40 hours
We seek a new colleague who will actively contribute to the research in the Bioinformatics research group and will be responsible for teaching various Bioinformatics elements in the MSc Bioinformatics & Systems Biology. We look for an active researcher with a specific interest to apply research in the biomedical domain, while using statistics, machine learning and/or sequence analysis as underlying methodology. The successful applicant will receive a well-structured tenure track appointment.
• performing research in the field of bioinformatics, preferably with a focus on machine learning or
statistical analysis in biomedicine
• supervising PhD students
• coordinating the MSc Bioinformatics course “Bioinformatics for Translational Medicine”
• developing new course material for the MSc Bioinformatics
• supervising MSc student research projects in Bioinformatics
• contributing to and write research grant proposals
• contributing to administrative tasks in the group
• completed a PhD in Bioinformatics, Machine Learning or Statistics.
• a strong international research profile in Bioinformatics, preferably with a focus on machine learning or statistical analysis in biomedicine, as shown by publications in the top journals in the field of computational biology
• academic teaching experience and/or experience in the supervision of MSc/PhD students
• priority will be given to applicants who have successfully applied for research funding, either individually or collaboratively
Tenure track position – Assistant Professor
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of € 3,637.- and a maximum € 5,656.- in accordance with salary scale cao NU 11 (UD2) and 12 (UD1) depending on your education and experience.
The job profile is UD2 or UD1, based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 1.0 FTE
The appointment will initially be for five years. After 5 years there will be a tenure review.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
• a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
• 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
• considerable employer’s contribution to the ABP pension scheme
• contribution to commuting expenses
• optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Are you interested in this position? Send us an e-mail with your curriculum vitae (including publication list) and cover letter by 19 December 2018. Mention vacancy number 18405.
Name: Prof. Jaap Heringa
Position: Head of the Department of Computer Science
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, send an email to the address provided above:
If you have any questions regarding moving to Amsterdam, and working at VU Amsterdam, you may contact:
Name: Wytske Siegersma
Position: Relocation Advisor
Telephone: +31 (20) 59 85037