Assistant Professor Computational Lexicology
Do you have a background in computational linguistics and/or text mining? Do you enjoy teaching and are you interested in research where Natural Language Processing (NLP) is applied in various domains? Would you like to work in an enthusiast, multidisciplinary team of NLP researchers? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
The Computational Lexicology and Terminology Lab (CLTL) is looking for a dedicated academic to strengthen our research on developing NLP systems for interdisciplinary research and to support our team in designing and teaching in a new master in the area of Text Mining, which is unique in the Netherlands. Research carried out as part of this position will be integrated in the ambitious NWO-CLARIAH project that develops a research infrastructure for humanities research.
- course design and teaching in the new text mining master
- research in Natural Language Processing technology, integrated in a research ecosystem for the humanities (as part of the NWO-CLARIAH project)
- PhD in computational linguistics or a PhD in computer science with specialization in computational linguistics
- strong background in machine learning
- knowledge of and experience with text mining
- excellent teaching skills
- solid publication record
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,637 (scale 11)
and a maximum €4,978 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 0.8 FTE.
The initial employment tenure contract will affect a period of 4 years, with the possibility of extension in case the text mining master is successful and upon positive evaluation of the candidate after 3 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 15 September 2019. The job interviews are planned end of September, when possible please take them into account when applying for the position.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Piek Vossen
Position: Full professor
Telephone: +31 20 59 86457