Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant professor in Law and Technology
Are you an ambitious early career lawyer who is specialized in research and education in Law and Technology and do you want to be part of an inspiring academic work environment? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
You're a lecturer with a PhD who is a committed and enthusiastic teacher and promising researcher. You should be able to teach in the field of law and technology, including data and privacy law, but also other aspects, and will be expected to have a role in the international technology law masters specialisation, and (if they speak Dutch) in the internet and IP law masters specialization, as well as possibly in bachelor-level courses. You will also have a significant role supervising masters theses.
- Master's or PhD degree in law with a focus on law en Technology
- PhD or in the final stages of completing a Phd
- You should be open to teaching co-operation with those doing international and European law, and empirical legal studies, as the faculty has inter-disciplinary masters and bachelors programmes.
- The area of research which the candidate pursues is open, but should bring synergies to their teaching, and should fit within the TLS department, which hosts internet, technology, public international, and European law, and has a contextual and inter-disciplinary tradition, including theoretical and policy-oriented work.
- A basic teaching qualification (BKO or an international equivalent), or willingness to obtain one
- The ability to teach in Dutch will be an advantage
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,746 (scale 11)
and a maximum €5,127 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 4 years, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 15 August 2020. The job interviews are planned for the last week of August 2020, when possible please take them into account when applying for the position.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. Gareth Davies
Position: Full Professor
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature