Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant Professor in Psychology (Universitair Docent)
This position is within the research program in the Social Psychology section which adopts a strong interdisciplinary and international orientation to …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
This position is within the research program in the Social Psychology section which adopts a strong interdisciplinary and international orientation to research, theory, and methods. We are searching for a candidate whose research focuses on psychological, economic, and evolutionary perspectives on social interactions, including trust and cooperation, between individuals and groups. The section is particularly interested in expanding their expertise in the direction of using agent-based modeling and simulations to study human cooperation.
The candidate is expected to
- develop a strong, innovating program of research
- acquire external grant funding to support their research
- conduct excellent teaching
- show departmental citizenship
- engage in valorisation activities
- the candidate contributes to major parts of the Section’s teaching programs, and supervises Bachelor’s, Master’s, and, where possible, PhD students
- completed PhD-thesis in the social, evolutionary, behavioral or computer sciences
- fit with research program, with its focus on trust, emotion, and human cooperation
- expertise in computational modeling and simulation is desired
- demonstrated methodological skills and expertise with advanced statistics (ideally with R)
- demonstrated ability to publish in peer-reviewed academic journals
- demonstrated ability to acquire external research funding is a plus
- teaching experience (as evidenced by excellent teaching evaluations)
- excellent communication and organizational skills
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,637 (scale 11)
and a maximum €4,978 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 5 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses,
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package,
- possibility to save holiday hours, for sabbatical leave
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 31 december 2019. The job interviews are expected to take place in February 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof.dr. P.A.M. van Lange
Position: Head of Social Psychology
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature