Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant Professor in Stochastic Operations Research
The Department of Mathematics is seeking a new colleague who is passionate about scientific research and education. We are looking for a mathematician with a …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
The Department of Mathematics is seeking a new colleague who is passionate about scientific research and education. We are looking for a mathematician with a proven expertise in the broad area of stochastic operations research. This may include (but is not restricted to) stochastic optimization, data analytics, stochastic processes of queueing, reinforcement learning, mathematics for business, and financial mathematics.
The appointed candidate is expected to develop her/his own research line in an area of stochastic operations research. The position of Assistant Professor is initially a tenure track position for five years. After four years, based on transparent criteria, the tenure decision will be taken. The preferred starting date is as soon as possible, and 1 September 2022 at the latest.
The department has a strong desire to hire more female colleagues. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply.
The candidate will be expected to
- develop a research line in an area of stochastic operations research
- interact with and complement existing research activities in the department (and outside)
- contribute to the teaching of the department, at both the undergraduate and
- show academic leadership nationally and internationally
- participate in departmental activities and tasks, including writing grant proposals
The successful candidate must have a PhD in mathematics or business analytics with a strong mathematical component, for example in the fields mentioned above, with a few years of postdoctoral experience. The candidate should
- have a strong research record as witnessed by excellent publications, original research projects, and an international network
- be an inspiring lecturer
- have good communication and execution skills
- be fluent in English
- be willing to acquire a basic teaching qualification (‘BTQ’) as required by Dutch universities, if this qualification (or equivalent) has not been obtained already
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. Based on full-time employment, and depending on experience, the gross monthly salary ranges from €3,746 to €5,826, in accordance with Dutch academic salary scales 11 or 12. The job profile (Assistant professor or “Universitair docent”) is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 0.8-1.0 FTE. The appointment will initially be for 5 years (tenure track). After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended indefinitely.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- contribution to commuting expenses
- good paid parental leave scheme
- child daycare facilities available on campus
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button by September 15, 2021 and upload: a cover letter in which you describe your abilities and motivation, a research statement, a brief teaching statement, a curriculum vitae, a publication list, as well as the contact details of three potential referees.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof.dr. Ger Koole
Position: Professor in Operations Management and Business Analytics