Ongeveer 24 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor Migration Law
Do you have a PhD in migration law and would you like to teach and conduct research at the renowned Amsterdam Centre for Migration and Refugee Law? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
You will have a prominent teaching position at the Amsterdam Centre for Migration and Refugee Law. You will teach courses in the bachelor's programs in Rechtsgeleerdheid, Law in Society, in the master's program in International Migration and Refugee Law and/or in post academic programs for legal professionals. This includes coordinating courses, developing new courses and supervising theses. In addition, you will contribute to the lively and high-quality research community of the centre and conduct and develop independent research on migration law.
- teaching, coordinating and/or developing courses about European and international migration law, European human rights law and/or Dutch migration law
- supervising bachelor's and master's theses
- conducting high-quality research on migration law
- contributing to acquiring external funding for research and/or teaching
- performing administrative and organisational tasks for the centre and/or the faculty
- a PhD in migration law (candidates whose manuscript has been approved by the committee will also be considered)
- profound knowledge of European and international migration law
- the ability to conduct independent research, evidenced by publications in scientific journals
- teaching experience (having a Dutch university teaching qualification (BKO or UKO) or equivalent would be an advantage)
- ability to cooperate in a team environment
- fluency in English
- Dutch language skills and knowledge of Dutch migration law are an advantage
- experience with interdisciplinary research and/or empirical legal studies is an advantage
ConditionsA challenging position in a stimulating research environment. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,637 and a maximum of €4,978 (scale 11), depending on your experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The employment contract will be for a period of 4 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance
- such as a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- and contribution to commuting expenses.
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 24 October 2019. The job interviews are planned for 7 and 11 November 2019, when possible please take them into account when applying for the position.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Lieneke Slingenberg
Position: Head of Amsterdam Centre for Migration and Refugee Law
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature