Ongeveer 17 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF DATA ANALYTICS
Are you driven for research and teaching in logistics and operations management in a young, dynamic group? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
Are you driven for research and teaching in logistics and operations management in a young, dynamic group? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you.
We seek a new colleague who can contribute to building and extending the department’s reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Our research aims at having impact, evidenced by publications in top international academic journals. Teaching focuses on logistics and operations management courses and student supervision. Applicants receive a well-structured tenure track.
- doing innovative research and publish this research at the highest level in the international top journals;
- creating a stimulating learning environment for students at all levels (BSc, MSc, PhD);
- being active in acquiring additional research funds, both individually and as a team effort with your colleagues.
We are looking for candidates with strong data analytics skills (e.g. data mining, machine learning, data science, predictive analytics,…), and an interest in applying these skills to real-life problems in logistics and operations management. You have:
- A (nearly) completed PhD thesis in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Operations Management, Management Science or related fields;
- A strong interest in analyzing and modelling real-life problems in logistics and operations using state-of-the-art quantitative methods and empirical data witnessed by international scientific publications;
- Good teaching and communication skills to interact successfully with students, industry, and academic partners.
A challenging position in an international and ambitious research group. The initial employment contract for an Assistant professor will be for a period of 6 years, with the possibility of Tenure. The tenure track position involves research (40%) and teaching (60%). At the end of the second year a performance evaluation will take place. The Tenure Track Committee will review your file including the evaluation and advice on the continuation of your tenure track. In the fifth year, the Tenure Track Committee will review your file in order to decide upon the tenured assignment, based on the assessment criteria of the Tenure Track system at SBE. In case of excellent performance, earlier tenure decisions are possible.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- considerable employer’s contribution to the ABP pension scheme
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- a relocation allowance
- you may also be eligible for a favorable tax ruling for high-skilled expats (the so-called 30% ruling), which means that 30% of the salary is free of taxes, resulting in a higher net salary.
Are you interested in this position? Send your letter with your motivation, CV, list of publications, a research and teaching statement, two recommendation letters by March 15th, 2019, to Ms. M. Maletic, Managing Director of the School of Business and Economics, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention position in the e-mail header. We start inviting candidates from the application deadline onwards, and the search will continue until the position has been filled with a high-quality candidate.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Prof. Dr. W.E.H. Dullaert, e-mail: email@example.com, phone +31-20-5983627
Prof. Dr. Ir. S. de Leeuw, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +31-20-5986067
If you have any questions regarding moving to Amsterdam, and working at VU Amsterdam, you may contact:
Name: Wytske Siegersma
Position: Relocation Advisor
Telephone: +31 (20) 59 85037