Assistant Professor Of International Strategy (Tenure Track)
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
As part of our growth ambitions, we seek a new colleague who is passionate about doing high-impact research and deliver high-quality education on international strategy. Applicants with interests in all topics related to international strategy and all research methods are welcomed to apply. Experience or interest in how recent trends such as digitalization (e.g. internationalization of digital companies, global platform competition, AI), emerging market multinationals, or business model transformation of MNEs are a plus.
The new hire will play a key role in strengthening our Strategy & Organization section and expanding its research and teaching programs. The candidate has built a promising research portfolio enabling him/her to publish at the highest level. Furthermore, candidates for the position should be enthusiastic about creating a motivating learning environment especially for students in the Master specialization International Management. Candidates also have an interest to participate in executive education, specifically in MBA programmes and inhouse company education. The position is embedded in a supportive international work environment that is characterized by a strong commitment towards research productivity, teaching innovation and teamwork.
- initiate and perform high-quality research in the field of international strategy, culminating in top tier publications and grant acquisitions
- teach and design courses at the bachelor level (e.g., the SBE International Business Administration), master level (e.g., MSc Business Administration, specialization International Management), and postgraduate level (e.g., Executive education/part-time PhD programmes); supervise bachelor and master theses
- contribute to the management of the Department / School committees
- be committed to obtaining a university teaching qualification
Candidates are required to have a PhD in Business Administration/Management, or a related field in the social sciences (completed or with a fixed date for the defense) and should be fluent in English. Prior publication experience in top journals in the field of management and organization studies is a strong asset. Candidates without a completed PhD but who already have a proven research record are also encouraged to apply. So are current assistant professors with a few years of experience. They might complete the tenure track early.
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,746 (scale 11)
and a maximum €5,127 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 6 years, with the possibility of extension. The position involves research (40%) and teaching (60%). Candidates should be willing to acquire a basic qualification in teaching as demanded by Dutch universities (if they do not already have one). The position of Assistant Professor is a tenure track position with initial appointment for 2+4 years and possibility of tenure.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Send us an e-mail with your curriculum vitae including your publications, a personal vision statement (+/- 1 page) about research and teaching, and cover letter by January 23, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: dr. Oli Mihalache
Position: Associate Professor of International Business
If you have any questions regarding moving to Amsterdam, and working at VU Amsterdam, you may contact:
Name: Wytske Siegersma
Position: Relocation Advisor
Telephone: +31 (20) 59 85037