Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant professor of leadership (Tenure Track)
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
As part of our growth ambitions, we seek a new colleague who is passionate about doing research on leadership and can publish at the highest level. An interest in broader topics within Organization and Management Theory (e.g., culture, paradox, logics, rhetoric, change, process), and/or in the influence of contemporary societal developments (e.g., projectification, sustainability, digitization) on leadership is a plus. The new hire will play a key role in strengthening our HRM/OB section and expanding its research and teaching programs. Furthermore, candidates for the position should be enthusiastic about creating a motivating learning environment especially for students in the Master specialization Leadership and Change Management. The position is embedded in a supportive international work environment that is characterized by a strong commitment towards research productivity, teaching innovation and teamwork.
- initiate and perform high-quality research in the field of leadership culminating in top tier publications and grant acquisitions
- teach and design courses at the bachelor level (e.g., the SBE International Business Administration), master level (e.g., MSc Business Administration, specialization Leadership and Change Management), and postgraduate level (e.g., full-time/part-time PhD programmes); supervise bachelor and master theses
- contribute to the management of the Department / School committees
- be committed to obtaining a university teaching qualification
Candidates are required to have a PhD in Business Administration/Management, or a related field in the social sciences (completed or with a fixed date for the defense) and should be fluent in English. Prior publication experience in top journals in the field of management and organization studies is a strong asset. Candidates who are close to completing their dissertation and who already have a proven research record are also encouraged to apply. So are current assistant professors with a few years of experience. They might complete the tenure track early.
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,637 (scale 11)
and a maximum €4,978 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 6 years, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 10 december 2019.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Dr. Omar Solinger
Position: Associate Professor of Leadership and Organisational Behavior