Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant Professor of Management and Organisation
Hermine Weijland Fellowship The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam School of Business and Economics established the Hermine Weijland Fellowship in 2017 with the aim of attracting and promoting female academic talent. The establishment of this prestigious fellowship ...
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 3475 - € 4757 per maand
Hermine Weijland Fellowship
The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam School of Business and Economics established the Hermine Weijland Fellowship in 2017 with the aim of attracting and promoting female academic talent. The establishment of this prestigious fellowship seeks to encourage promising female academics to join SBE and to improve the gender balance at senior levels. The fellowship focuses on promising scientists who distinguish themselves through their well-defined teaching and research profile and their clear potential and ambition to achieve the position of full professor. The fellowship bears the name of Hermine Weijland (1932-2001), who started at SBE in the 1960s, first as a student, and later as an employee. She was one of the first women to attain her PhD at SBE and went on to build a successful career as an academic. Hermine's life and outlook can still serve as an inspiration for female academics today.
The selected Hermine Weijland Fellow will be offered:
• a tenure track position in the position of Assistant Professor which, upon successful completion, will lead to a tenured contract and, after several intermediate promotions when criteria are met, to an appointment as Professor;
• 50% research time, over a three-year period. In the following years, research time will be allocated on the basis of research output, up to a maximum of 50% (and, while in the position of Assistant Professor 2, with a minimum of 40%;
• supervision of a PhD candidate (timing during the track upon review);
• an attractive research budget to be used for scientific publications, the preparation of applications/requests for indirect and commercial funding, and attending conferences;
• personalized support from the VU Grants Desk and the SBE Research Office for the preparation of VENI/VIDI/VICI/ERC grants;
• following consultation, coaching in the form of participation in the VU Mentoring scheme for talented academic personnel or some other form of individualized coaching.
We are looking for Hermine Weijland Fellow candidates who meet the following requirements:
• a PhD degree in Business Administration/Management, Organizational Psychology, or a related field in the social sciences
• excellent track record in research, with a high quality job market paper;
• one paper without the candidate’s previous (PhD) supervisor is highly recommended;
• teaching experience, with positive teaching evaluations (the candidate must complete the Basic Teaching Qualification within two years after her appointment);
• description of research plan for the next five years, including a section on knowledge utilization resulting from the proposed research.
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience, range from a minimum of € 3.475,- up to a maximum of € 4.757,- (salary scale 11) based on full-time employment. In addition to this, we offer holiday allowance, end-of-year allowance, and other benefits.
For international candidates favourable tax benefits may apply. You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl.
Please see the following links for more information.
Hermine Weijland Fellowship: https://sbe.vu.nl/nl/onderzoek/hermine-weijland-fellowship/index.aspx
Other specific information can be obtained from:
Prof. Dr. S.N. Khapova, e-mail: email@example.com
Applications should be received by 23 December 2017. Applicants should send a letter with their motivation, two recommendation letters and CV detailing your publications and teaching experiences to M. Maletic, Managing Director of the School of Business and Economics, by e-mail.
Please mention the vacancy number and position in the e-mail header.
Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) is a leading, innovative and growing university that is at the heart of society and actively contributes to new developments in teaching and research. Our university has ten faculties, and provides work for over 4,500 staff and scientific education for more than 23,000 students.
The SBE VU aims to combine high quality education with excellent research. The School offers five Bachelor’s programmes (Economics and Business Economics, Econometrics and Operations Research, Business Administration, International Business Administration and Politics, Philosophy and Economics, eight Master’s programmes, two research masters among which the Tinbergen Institute’s MPhil programme, and seventeen postgraduate programmes. The school has several research groups with an outstanding international reputation. SBE accommodates approximately 4,300 students and 1,700 postgraduate students. Over 500 staff members are employed at the School.
At the department of Management and Organization we see research and teaching in a mutually supportive relationship and foster an academic spirit that holds up the unity of education and scientific research. We strive for excellence in research by making a strong contribution to international scholarly debates. At the same time, we stimulate innovative and progressive teaching methods and close interaction with our students. Members of our department have received prestigious teaching awards, while we also have a strong track record in research by publishing regularly in leading journals such as Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management Studies, and Organization Science. The Department has a collaborative ethos with staff actively working together on research projects and papers. Our group is highly diverse in terms of cultural backgrounds and we enjoy working in an international environment.