Ongeveer 11 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Assistant Professor Of Organizational Theory (Tenure Track)
Are you a business scholar with an interest in organizational theory? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you. Apply for the position of:
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
As part of our growth ambitions, we seek a new colleague who is passionate about doing research at the highest level and deliver high-quality education on organizational theory. Applicants with an interest in a variety of topics related to organizational theory and applying qualitative or quantitative research methods are welcome to apply. Experience or interest in topics such as organizational change, new organizational forms, organization design, and organizing with purpose are a plus.
The successful candidate will play a key role in strengthening our Organizational Theory section and expanding its research and teaching programs. The candidate should have built a promising research portfolio enabling them to publish at the highest level. Furthermore, candidates for the position should be enthusiastic about creating a motivating learning environment in the Business Administration Bachelor and Master programmes. Candidates should also have an interest to participate in executive education, specifically in MBA programmes and inhouse company education. The position is embedded in a supportive international work environment in the Management and Organsation Department of the School of Business and Economics which is characterized by a strong commitment towards research quality and productivity, teaching innovation and teamwork.
- Initiate, perform and support high-quality research in the field of organizational theory, culminating in top tier publications and grant acquisitions
- Design and teach courses at the bachelor level (e.g., the SBE (International) Business Administration), master level (e.g., MSc Business Administration, and/or MBA and Executive MBA), and postgraduate level (e.g., full-time/part-time PhD programmes; executive education); supervise bachelor and master theses
- Be committed to obtaining a university teaching qualification, or to possess one already.
- Be willing to contribute to the management of the section/ department / school committees
We invite applications from candidates who:
- hold a PhD in Organization Studies, Management, or a related field in the social sciences
- do research in the field of management and organization theory; a strong track record of research publications in top journals is a strong asset
- are fluent in English; Dutch language skills are appreciated for teaching in Dutch undergraduate programs but this is not a must
- are adept at obtaining research grants
- Candidates without a completed PhD but who already have a proven research record are also encouraged to apply and so are current assistant professors with a few years of experience. They might complete the tenure track early
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,746 (scale 11) and a maximum €5,127 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 6 years, with the possibility of extension. The position involves research (40%) and teaching (60%). Candidates should be willing to acquire a basic qualification in teaching as demanded by Dutch universities (if they do not already have one).
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until August 15, 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. dr. ir. Elco van Burg
Position: Professor of Organizational Theory
Telephone: +31 205982510