Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor Of Strategic Management (Tenure Track)
Are you a business scholar with an interest in Strategy & Organization? Please apply for this Assistant Professor of Strategic Management (tenure track) position at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU).
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
As part of a growing department supporting ambitious people, the Strategy & Organization section seeks a new colleague who is passionate about doing research at the highest level and deliver high-quality education on strategic management. An interest in topics, such as corporate strategy (e.g. strategy dynamics), corporate transformation (e.g. strategic renewal), and inter-organizational relationships (e.g. mergers & acquistions, ecosystems) is considered pivotal to the position. Although we are eclectic in terms of research methodology, demonstrated expertise in quantitative methods has a preference.
You will play a key role in strengthening our Strategy & Organization section. You should be enthusiastic about creating a motivating learning environment especially for students in the Master specialization Strategy & Organization. You should also be interested to participate in executive education, specifically in MBA programmes and inhouse company education.
This position is embedded in a cooperative international work environment that embraces multi-disciplinary research, is strongly committed to research quality and productivity, proactively pursues educational innovation, delivers high-quality executive education, and stimulates teamwork.
- initiate and perform high-quality research in the field of strategic management, culminating in top tier publications and grant acquisitions
- teach and design courses at the bachelor level (e.g., the SBE International Business Administration), master level (e.g., MSc Business Administration, specialization Strategy & Organization), and postgraduate level (e.g., full-time/part-time PhD programmes; executive education); supervise bachelor and master theses students
- be committed to obtaining a university teaching qualification
- a PhD in Business Administration / Management, or a related field in the social sciences (completed or with a fixed date for the defence)
- fluent in English
- prior publication experience in top journals in the field of strategic management is a strong asset.
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of € 3,746,- and a maximum € 5,127,- in accordance with salary scale 11, depending on your education and experience. The job profile (Universitair docent 2) is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1,0 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 6 years, with the possibility of tenure. The position involves research (40%) and teaching (60%). Candidates should be willing to acquire a basic qualification in teaching as demanded by Dutch universities (if they do not already have one).
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- good growth opportunities
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 15 August 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof.dr. Brian Tjemkes
Position: Professor of Strategic Management
Telephone: +31 20 59 86151
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature