ASSISTANT PROFESSOR TENURE TRACK
Are you a researcher with a strong international research profile in knowledge representation, knowledge graphs and semantic web? Then Vrije Universiteit …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
Are you a researcher with a strong international research profile in knowledge representation, knowledge graphs and semantic web?
Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you. Apply for the position of:
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR TENURE TRACK
We are convinced that the next big steps forward in AI will require the integration of knowledge representation and machine learning. Are you an ambitious young researcher who will help us to contribute to these next big steps forward in AI? There is already the expertise in knowledge representation. You will bring the expertise on combining this with machine learning.
• performing research in AI, in particular on combining knowledge representation and machine
• supervising PhD students
• co-leadership of the intended new AI lab with Elsevier in ICAI
• teaching in our BSc and MSc programmes on AI, including developing new teaching material and
supervising BSc and MSc projects
• acquiring funding through grant proposals and industrial collaborations
• contributing to administrative tasks in the group
• completed a PhD in AI in knowledge representation and Machine Learning
• a strong international research profile in AI, preferably with a focus on machine learning as shown
by publications in the top journals in the field of computational systems
• academic teaching experience and/or experience in the supervision of MSc/PhD students
• priority will be given to applicants who have successfully applied for research funding, either
individually or collaboratively
A tenure track position at a world-class university, membership of a strong and collaborative team of 15+ researchers, co-leadership of the intended new AI Lab with Elsevier, part of ICAI, the Innovation Center for AI (5PhD/postdoc positions), in one of the highest quality of life cities in Europe.
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts is a minimum gross monthly salary of € 3,637.- and a maximum € 5,656.- in accordance with salary scale cao NU 11 (UD2) and 12 (UD1) depending on your education and experience.
The job profile is UD2 or UD1, based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 1.0 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for five years. After five years there will be a tenure review.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
• a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
• 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
• considerable employer’s contribution to the ABP pension scheme
• contribution to commuting expenses
• optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Are you interested in this position? Send us an e-mail with your curriculum vitae (including publication list) and cover letter by 3 January 2019. Mention vacancy number 18446.
Name: Prof. F.A.H. van Harmelen
Position: Head of the AI Department of Computer Science
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, send an email to the address provided above.
If you have any questions regarding moving to Amsterdam, and working at VU Amsterdam, you may contact:
Name: Wytske Siegersma
Position: Relocation Advisor
Telephone: +31 (20) 59 85037