Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) In Energy Efficient Computing
Are you an excellent and ambitious Computer Science researcher and is your aim to research novel approaches for energy-efficient processing in modern computing infrastructures? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you!
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
You have a proven track record in Computer Science and would like to advance your research in modern computing infrastructures to address both high-performance and energy efficiency. You initiate, perform and supervise high-quality research that aims to address the increasing energy consumption of modern computer systems and software-intensive applications, especially in (but not limited to) high-performance areas like supercomputing, large-scale distributed services, real-time sensor processing, and distributed ledgers. Your aim is to study novel solutions and empirically evaluate their impact.
Your duties The tenure track position is starting at the level of assistant professor in the areas of research, education and management (40%:40%:20%), and contains among others the following duties:
- you develop your own research line and profile your research around it
- you acquire and contribute to externally funded research projects of the group you will be affiliated with
- you teach courses in the BSc and MSc Computer Science curriculum and supervise students
- you assist in the supervision of Ph.D. students and contribute to the management of the group or the department
- you have a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a similar area
- you have research experience in the combination of energy-efficient computing and one of the following: IoT and distributed sensing, Edge and/or Fog computing, High-Performance computing, Distributed software-intensive applications
- you have experience with experimental and empirical research
- you have published in the top venues of your field
- you have strong communication and cooperation skills, and ability to work in a team
- you have teaching and/or student supervision experience at BSc and/or MSc programs level
- you preferably have experience in supervising Ph.D. projects
- you have experience with (or good prospects for) acquiring external research funding
- you have an excellent command of the English language.
ConditionsA challenging and rewarding position in a socially involved organization. On a full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of € 3.637.- and a maximum of € 4.978,- in accordance with salary scale 11, depending on your education and experience. The job profile (Assistant Professor 2) is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0,8 FTE.
This is a tenure-track position; the initial appointment will be for a period of five years. Based on performance indicators agreed at the start of the appointment and not depending on competition with others, a tenure-track position will lead to a tenured position of UD1 in a period of maximally 5 years. In the fifth year of the appointment the tenure decision will be taken and a midterm review will take place in 2,5 years’ time after starting date.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- good child day-care facilities available on campus
- good paid parental leave arrangement
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until January 31st 2020.
We would very much like to increase the number of women in the department. Therefore we prefer female candidates. Hence we will start this procedure with only inviting female applicants in the first 4 weeks. If this does not result in a match we will resume the procedure with male applicants.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. Dr. Henri Bal
Position: Full Professor
Telephone: 02059 87733