Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) In Energy Efficient Computing
Are you an excellent and ambitious Computer Science researcher? Is your aim to research novel approaches for software-intensive systems where energy-efficiency is paramount? Then we at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
You have a proven track record in Computer Science and would like to advance your research in modern software-intensive systems to address energy efficiency among other quality properties. You initiate, perform and supervise high-quality research that aims to address the increasing energy consumption of modern software-intensive systems and applications. Your aim is to study novel solutions and empirically evaluate their impact.
Because we want to increase the number of women in our department, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply for this position. In case of equal suitability of candidates, preference will be given to female candidates.
The tenure track position is starting at the level of assistant professor in the areas of research, education, and management (40%, 40%, 20%, respectively), and contains among others the following duties:
- you develop your own research line and profile your research around it
- you acquire and contribute to externally funded research projects
- you teach courses in the BSc and MSc Computer Science curriculum, and supervise students
- you assist in the supervision of Ph.D. students and contribute to the management of the group or the department
- you have a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar area
- you have affinity with environmental awareness and are able to do research on energy-efficient computing in combination with other areas that we study. Examples may include, but are not limited to, software services, datacenter hosting, high performance computing, large-scale distributed services, and edge-to-cloud software applications
- you have experience with experimental and empirical research
- you have a very good publication track record, and have published in top conferences and journals as the lead-author
- you have good interpersonal communication skills
- you have teaching and/or student supervision experience at BSc and/or MSc programs level
- you preferably have experience in supervising Ph.D. projects and have supervised BSc and/or MSc theses
- you have experience with (or good prospects for) acquiring external research funding
- you have an excellent command of the English language
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the Job area: Assistant Professor Educational Level: Postdoc VU unit: Faculty of Science Contract type: Temporary with prospects of permanent employment Minimum FTE: 0.8 Minimum salary €3,746 (scale 11) Maximum salary €5,127 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: Assistant Professor 2 is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
This is a tenure track position; the initial appointment will be for a period of five years. Based on performance indicators agreed at the start of the appointment, a tenure track position will lead to a tenured position of Assistant Professor 1 (scale 12) in a period of maximally 5 years. In the fifth year of the appointment, the tenure decision will be taken and a midterm review will take place in 2,5 years’ time after the starting date.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload in the online application-system your curriculum vitae, 2-3 references that we may contact, research and teaching statements (at most 2 pages for each), the 2-3 publications that best exemplify the quality and direction of your research, and a cover letter motivating your application. Please apply until 15 September 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof.dr. Henri Bal
Position: Full Professor
If you have any questions regarding moving to Amsterdam, and working at VU Amsterdam, you may contact:
Name: Sara Veldhorst
Position: Relocation Advisor
Telephone: +31 (20) 59 86212
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature