Ongeveer 11 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Assistant Professor (TT / non-TT) or Postdoc Econometrics and Data Science
Are you driven for top-notch research and teaching in Econometrics and Data Science in a dynamic department? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
We seek new colleagues to contribute to building and extending the department’s reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Our research aims at having impact, evidenced by publications in top international academic journals. Teaching focuses on econometrics, statistics and data science courses and student supervision. Depending on the candidate's qualifications and career stage, the position may be filled as postdoc, (TT / non-TT) assistant professor, or higher. For eligible applicants, we offer a well-structured tenure track (TT).
- innovative research ideas and the potential to publish this research in the international top journals of your field
- creativity to build a stimulating learning environment for students in econometrics and data science at all levels (BSc and MSc and MBA), helping to continue improving our teaching quality
- an active mindset in acquiring additional research funds, both individually and as a team effort
- a PhD degree, specializing in econometrics, statistics, data science, or a related field
- strong research potential, preferably evidenced by publications
- teaching experience, evidenced by good evaluations; having taught machine learning courses is a plus, but not required
- fluency in English
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration for assistant professorships amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,637 (scale 11) and a maximum €4,978 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system. The position is full-time (1.0fte), part-time (≥0.8fte) is possible.
The initial employment contract for a TT Assistant Professor will be for a period of 6 years, with the possibility of tenure. The tenure track position involves research (40%) and teaching (60%). At the end of the second year a mid-term performance evaluation will take place by the Tenure Track Committee (TTC). In the fifth year, the TTC will review your file in order to decide upon the tenured assignment, based on the assessment criteria of the Tenure Track system at SBE. Non-TT and postdoc positions are typically for shorter durations.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationApplicants need to provide (via the application button below) their
- application letter
- curriculum vitae
- teaching evaluations (if available)
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. dr. A. Lucas
Position: Head of the department