Ongeveer 15 uur geleden - VU - Amsterdam
The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam School of Business and Economics established the Hermine Weijland Fellowship in 2017 with the aim of attracting and promoting …
The department of Communication Science is looking for three enthusiastic assistant professors. The positions are full time, but part time can be discussed. …
The department of Communication Science is looking for three enthusiastic assistant professors.
The positions are full time, but part time can be discussed. We would like our department to reflect our diverse student population and therefore especially encourage female candidates to apply.
The department aims to hire candidates in the fields of a) political communication /public affairs b) corporate communication and/or marketing communication, c) media psychology. For all three positions, we prefer candidates with a strong focus on the use of new communication technologies (e.g. social media, social robotics, sharing platforms). For positions a) and b) we prefer candidates who apply computational methods such as automatic text analysis, machine learning, or network analysis using programming languages such as R and Python.
The assistant professors:
• conduct state of the art empirical research in their respective fields;
• are active and successful in acquiring external research funding;
• are active and successful in collaborations with external parties;
• develop, coordinate and teach bachelor and master level courses in at least one of the tracks;
• are capable of performing management tasks and to take part in various committees;
• are capable of supervising PhD-students.
• a Ph.D. in Communication Science or a related discipline;
• strong research skills as shown in a solid publication record;
• a well-developed understanding of and experience with quantitative research methodologies;
• didactic qualities as shown by a Basis Kwalificatie Onderwijs (BKO, basic teaching qualification at Dutch Universities), or experience with various teaching methods/skills, positive teaching evaluations combined with the willingness to acquire a BKO;
• sufficient knowledge of the Dutch and/or the English language, or the willingness to acquire sufficient knowledge of Dutch and English within 2 years;
• experience with/success in applying for external funding.
The contracts are offered for a period of four years. The intended starting date is August 1st 2018 (for the position in media psychology), and January 1st 2019 (the positions in corporate and/or marketing communication /political communication and PR).
You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment via https://www.vu.nl/en/employment/ like:
• remuneration of 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
• a minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
• discounts on collective insurances (healthcare- and car insurance).
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations and, depending on education and experience, will range from a minimum of € 3238,00 gross per month up to a maximum of € 4757,00 gross per month (salary scale 11) based on a fulltime employment.
For more information please contact the secretary of the department, Sylvia Gielink, phone number:
0031 20 59 6854 or the head of the department of Communication Science, prof. dr. Peter Kerkhof.