Associate Professor of Environmental and Resource Economics
• Initiate and perform high-quality research in areas related to environmental and resource economics; • Active involvement in ongoing research projects and …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 4911 - € 5978 per maand
• Initiate and perform high-quality research in areas related to environmental and resource economics;
• Active involvement in ongoing research projects and in acquiring new research grants;
• Teach and coordinate bachelor and/or master courses offered by the department;
• Supervise bachelor and master theses;
• Contribute to the management of the Department / School committees;
• Have or commit to obtaining a university teaching qualification.
We seek candidates with a strong research interest and record in environmental and resource economics, excellent teaching abilities, advanced methodological skills, and a clear motivation to contribute to the department’s societal valorization strategy. The candidate should have:
• A PhD in economics or a closely related field;
• Proven research experience resulting in international scientific publications, which should make the candidate (nearly) qualify as a Tinbergen Institute research fellow
• The ability to initiate and lead a body of research. Examples of this include successful track record advising PhD students and success in obtaining external funding.
• Excellent track record in academic teaching and experience in teaching and curriculum development;
• The clear potential to grow towards a Full Professorship in the foreseeable future.
The gross salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience, range from a minimum of € 4.911,- up to a maximum of € 5.978,- (salary scale 13) for an Associate Professor, based on full-time employment. In addition to this, we offer holiday allowance, end-of-year allowance, and other benefits For international candidates favourable tax benefits may apply. You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment at http://www.workingatvu.nl.
Please see the following links for more information.
• School: http://www.sbe.vu.nl.
• Department: http://www.sbe.vu.nl/spatial-economics.
Other specific information can be obtained from:
Prof. Dr. E.T. Verhoef, e-mail: email@example.com, phone +31 20 5986094.
Prof. Dr. C. Fisher, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +31 20 5986094.
We start inviting candidates from the application deadline onwards and the search will continue until the position has been filled with a high-quality candidate..
Applications should be received by 30 September 2018. Applicants should send a letter with their motivation, two recommendation letters and CV detailing your publications and teaching experiences to M. Maletic, Managing Director of the School of Business and Economics, by e-mail.
Please mention the vacancy number and position in the e-mail header.
Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.