De faculteit Recht, Economie, Bestuur en Organisatie van de Universiteit Utrecht zoekt een Hoogleraar Staatsrecht. Bent u geïnteresseerd in deze baan? Lees dan…
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS – HERMINE WEIJLAND FELLOW
The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam School of Business and Economics established the Hermine Weijland Fellowship in 2017 with the aim of attracting and promoting …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 4911 - € 5978 per maand
The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam School of Business and Economics established the Hermine Weijland Fellowship in 2017 with the aim of attracting and promoting female academic talent. The establishment of this prestigious fellowship seeks to encourage promising female academics to join SBE and to improve the gender balance at senior levels. The fellowship focuses on promising scientists who distinguish themselves through their well-defined teaching and research profile and their clear potential and ambition to achieve the position of full professor. The fellowship bears the name of Hermine Weijland (1932-2001), who started at SBE in the 1960s, first as a student, and later as an employee. She was one of the first women to attain her PhD at SBE and went on to build a successful career as an academic. Hermine's life and outlook can still serve as an inspiration for female academics today.
· initiate and perform high-quality research in areas related to environmental and resource economics;·
· active involvement in ongoing research projects and in acquiring new research grants;
· teach and coordinate bachelor and/or master courses offered by the department;
· supervise of bachelor and master theses;
· contribute to the management of the department / School committees;
· have or commit to obtaining a university teaching qualification.
We seek candidates with a strong research interest and record in environmental and resource economics, excellent teaching abilities, advanced methodological skills, and a clear motivation to contribute to the department’s societal valorization strategy. The candidate should have:
- A PhD in economics or a closely related field;
- Proven research experience resulting in international scientific publications, which should make the candidate (nearly) qualify as a Tinbergen Institute research fellow
- The ability to initiate and lead a body of research. Examples of this include successful track record advising PhD students and success in obtaining external funding.
- Excellent track record in academic teaching and experience in teaching and curriculum development;
- The clear potential to grow towards a Full Professorship in the foreseeable future.
- experience in valorisation of research;
- experience at a university or research institute abroad.
The selected Hermine Weijland Fellow will be offered:a tenure track position in the position of Associate Professor which, upon successful completion, will lead to an appointment as Professor;
- 50% research time, over a three-year period. In the following years, research time will be allocated on the basis of research output, up to a maximum of 50%;
- supervision of a PhD candidate (timing during the track upon review);
- an attractive research budget to be used for scientific publications, the preparation of applications/requests for indirect and commercial funding, and attending conferences;
- personalized support from the VU Grants Desk and the SBE Research Office for the preparation of VENI/VIDI/VICI/ERC grants;
- following consultation, coaching in the form of participation in the VU Mentoring scheme for talented academic personnel or some other form of individualized coaching.
- nomination for participation in VU Amsterdam’s course in female leadership
The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) is seeking a distinguished and dynamic scholar specializing in an area of environmental and resource economics to join the Department of Spatial, Transport and Environmental Economics.
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience, range from a minimum of
€ 4.911,- up to a maximum of € 5.978,- (salary scale 13) based on full-time employment. In addition to this, we offer holiday allowance, end-of-year allowance, and other benefits.
For international candidates favourable tax benefits may apply. You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl.
Other specific information can be obtained from:
Prof. Dr. E.T. Verhoef, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +31 20 5986094.
Prof. Dr. C. Fisher, e-mail: email@example.com, phone +31 20 5986094.
We start inviting candidates from the application deadline onwards and the search will continue until the position has been filled with a high-quality candidate.
Applications should be received by 30 September 2018. Applicants should send a letter with their motivation, two recommendation letters and CV detailing your publications and teaching experiences to M. Maletic, Managing Director of the School of Business and Economics, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the vacancy number and position in the e-mail header.
Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature