Ongeveer 18 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Associate Professor Of Organizational Theory
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 5190 - € 6940 per maand
As part of our growth ambitions, we seek a new colleague who is passionate about doing research at the highest level and deliver high-quality education on organizational theory. Applicants with an interest in a variety of topics related to organizational theory and applying qualitative or quantitative research methods are welcome to apply. Experience or interest in topics such as organizational change, new organizational forms, organization design, and organizing with purpose are a plus.
The successful candidate will play a key role in strengthening our Organizational Theory section and expanding its research and teaching programs. Candidates should have a proven track record of relevant research published in top tier journals and experience in organizational theory education at both MSc and MBA levels. The position is embedded in a supportive international work environment in the Management and Organisation Department of the School of Business and Economics which is characterized by a strong commitment towards research quality and productivity, teaching innovation and teamwork.
- Initiate, perform and support high-quality research in the field of organizational theory, culminating in top tier publications and grant acquisitions
- Design and teach courses at the bachelor level (e.g., the SBE (International) Business Administration), master level (e.g., MSc Business Administration, and/or MBA and Executive MBA), and postgraduate level (e.g., full-time/part-time PhD programmes; executive education); supervise bachelor and master theses
- Jointly supervise PhD candidates
- Acquire external funding (e.g. research grants or company funding) for research projects
- Contribute to the management of the section/ department / school committees
- Be committed to obtaining a university teaching qualification, or to possess one already
- Be committed to help developing and supporting junior researchers in the section
We invite applications from candidates who:
- hold a PhD in Organization Studies, Management, or a related field in the social sciences
- do research in the field of management and organization theory, demonstrated by a strong track record of research publications in top journals
- are fluent in English; Dutch language skills are appreciated for teaching in Dutch undergraduate programs but not a must;
- are adept at obtaining research grants and preferably have demonstrated ability to acquire external funding
- are willing to take up administrative tasks related to teaching and research, as required
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €5,190 (scale 13) and a maximum €6,940 (scale 14), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 2 years, after satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until August 15, 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. dr. ir. Elco van Burg
Position: Professor of Organizational Theory
Telephone: +31 205982510