Chair full-professor position on public pivate partnership
Are you an expert in the domain of public-private partnership (PPP)? Do you possess the capabilities to lead a new chair with focus on collaboration strategies of public and private organizations regarding large scale financial crime, such as the financing of international terrorism and money laundering? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 8 - 8 uur
- € 5582 - € 8127 per maand
The department of Organization Sciences is looking for a part-time full-professor (0.20 fte) on a chair in public-private partnership (PPP). The chair focuses on collaboration strategies of public and private organizations regarding large scale financial crime, such as the financing of international terrorism and money laundering. Through scientific research, the chair will contribute to the production of knowledge on the societal significance of Public Private Partnership. By doing so, the chair will contribute to the development of scientific insights in Organization Sciences. The chair will disseminate results of the research through publications, seminars, workshops and conferences. The chair will also develop tools for decision makers and leaders and will enhance the understanding of PPP and their practical aspects. The research is performed in close connection with public and private organizations. The chair is co-financed by the Ministries of Finance and Justice & Security, the Dutch National Police and ABN AMRO-Bank.
Central research questions are:
- Which new forms of partnership between public sector organizations (such as Ministry of Justice, National Police, FIOD) and private parties (such as commercial Banks and accountancy firms) are developed in order to deal with urgent financial crime challenges?
- How can we address and theorise the (institutional) dilemma’s and tensions which result from (partially) conflicting commercial versus societal rooted organizational cultures?
- Which intervention strategies are developed in the partnerships in order to deal with these societal challenges?
- holds a PhD degree in the social sciences with a track record in Organization Sciences, on strategy, leadership and organizational development and change
- has expertise on the psychological and social dynamic aspects of collaboration and competition in multi-layered ecosystems
- has an extensive network of knowledge organizations related to the Financial sector, specifically in the field of financial economic institutions
- has a proven ability to attract external funding for research and able to attract funding from other sources for dissertation research in the field of the chair.
- is a skilled educator with experience in teaching in (post) academic programs
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. We offer a part-time (0.2 fte) professorship for a sponsored chair to join a dynamic, innovative and inspiring multidisciplinary team of organizational science scholars who are studying Public Private Partnership. The position is a 5 years appointment.
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on previous qualifications and experience-ranges from a minimum of 5582.- (salary scale H2) gross per month up to a maximum of € 8127.- gross per month (salary scale H2), based on full full-time employment, depending on your education and experience.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- discounts on collective insurances (healthcare- and car insurance)
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 31 May 2020. The job interviews will be held digitally.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. dr. Issy Drori
Position: Head of Department, Organization Science
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature