Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Do you have a good understanding of how research operates and how data and good data management underpin high-quality research in the humanities? Please apply at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU), Faculty of Humanities.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 32 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
The data steward is the first point of contact in the faculty for any research related question with regard to data management, privacy and research ethics. He/she is part of the Faculty Office and works also in cooperation with other research support staff within the faculty.
The data steward is also part of a VU-wide network of data stewards and research data management (RDM) experts coordinated by the University Library and a VU privacy champions community coordinated by VU privacy officers. Through these networks the data steward will be kept abreast of new national and international developments in the field of RDM and privacy, get access to training and to expertise and support from the library and other relevant central services.
- provide advice and support to researchers on all aspects of RDM throughout the entire research lifecycle, including guidance on writing Data Management Plans and paragraphs and FAIR Data, and documenting before, during and after the period of the project
- support the implementation of the Faculty’s RDM policy by engaging researchers in effective RDM, raising awareness of the policy and its requirements, and helping translate policy requirements into solutions researchers can implement in their daily research practice
- provide advice to the Faculty Board and research support staff on RDM policy development, implementation monitoring and review
- be an active member of the Data Steward Network coordinated by the Library and collaborate with other Data Stewards and research support staff in other departments and services
- work with or act as privacy champion for research related questions within the faculty and provide support to researchers with specific questions regarding personal and sensitive data
- inform and assist teachers and students with respect to the use of data within courses
- acts as a secretary of the faculties Academic Research Committee and support the review processes of incoming proposals
- a (Research) Master degree in a relevant research area within humanities or a degree in computer sciences together with a strong affinity with humanities
- experience and/or a strong interest and enthusiasm for RDM
- experience with ethics and privacy would be a plus, a willingness and ability to develop this expertise in the short term would be needed
- excellent communication skills in English, oral and written and a willingness to learn Dutch (if applicable)
- a strong service-oriented, proactive, results-oriented attitude
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,790 and a maximum €4,402 (scale 10), depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 0.8 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP),
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until May, 12 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Prof. dr. P.T.J.M. (Piek) Vossen
Full professor Computational Lexicology
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature