2 dagen geleden - NWO-institutenorganisatie - Utrecht
In this project you will develop optical metasurfaces that control the coupling and trapping of light in ultrathin high-efficiency solar cells. We will use …
We are looking for a colleague who is passionate about education, in particular within the context of the life sciences. You will support the following …
We are looking for a colleague who is passionate about education, in particular within the context of the life sciences. You will support the following Master’s programmes: Biomedical Sciences, Biomolecular Sciences and Neurosciences. As junior lecturer, you will be involved in various teaching-related, and organizational activities in all three Master’s programmes.
You will be encouraged to work on academic innovations and to build a portfolio in the context of education as a preparation for various career paths. To this end, you will have the opportunity to acquire a basic qualification in teaching (‘BKO’).
The junior lecturer will be expected to
• be actively involved in Study and Career support, with emphasis on internships;
• contribute to the development of Academic Skills activities in courses and internships;
• contribute to promotional activities and admission procedures of the programmes;
• initiate and participate in innovation projects to further improve teaching practice
• assist in coordination and administrative tasks of the masters’ programmes.
The candidate must have completed a Master in Life Sciences, and a proven affinity with education. Candidates who have completed or are close to completing a PhD in one of the disciplines within Life Sciences, are particularly encouraged to apply for this position.
In addition, the candidate must
• be fluent in English;
• have strong oral and written communication skills;
• possess good organizational skills;
• be proactive and able to work independently.
The junior lecturer position is ideally suited for starting teachers. The appointment is for 4 years and 2 months, including a period of probation of 2 months. The junior lecturer position is placed in the Department of Molecular Cell Biology. The position is immediately available.
You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl like:
• remuneration of 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
• possibilities to work part-time;
• generous contribution commuting allowance;
• a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge.
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and, depending on education and experience, will range from a minimum of € 2588,00 gross per month up to a maximum of
€ 4084,00 gross per month (salary scale 10) based on a fulltime employment.
For additional information please contact: Dr. R.J. van Belle-van den Berg (email@example.com; Master’s coordinator Biomedical Sciences).
Applicants are requested to write a letter in which they describe their abilities and motivation, accompanied by a curriculum vitae and one or two references (name(s) and e-mail address(es)).
Please send your application before May 3, 2018 via e-mail.
Please mention the vacancy number in the e-mail header.
Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature