In deze functie geeft u leiding aan het Amsterdams Kenniscentrum voor Maatschappelijke Innovatie (AKMI). Het AKMI is onderdeel van FMR en valt onder de …
Junior Lecturers (Junior Docenten) in Biomedical Sciences (three positions)
For our Biomedical Science bachelor’s program (school of Health and Life Sciences) we are currently hiring three new colleagues who are passionate about …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
For our Biomedical Science bachelor’s program (school of Health and Life Sciences) we are currently hiring three new colleagues who are passionate about education and life sciences. As a junior lecturer, you will be involved in teaching and various teaching-related and organizational activities within the bachelor’s program.
The junior lecturer will
• Be actively involved in teaching ‘Academic Skills’ in the first year of the bachelor’s program;
• Be actively involved in teaching in all first year courses;
• Act as a tutor for bachelor’s students in Biomedical Sciences;
• Provide feedback and assess different products (e.g. reports, presentations);
• Design and develop new teaching activities (together with course coordinators and senior lecturers);
• Initiate and participate in innovation projects to further improve teaching practices;
• Organize meetings with course coordinators and lecturers;
• Contribute to promotional activities of the bachelor’s program.
The junior lecturer will be part of a team of junior lecturers with similar tasks (5 in the Biomedical Sciences program, 13 in all Health and Life Sciences programs together). You will be encouraged to work on academic innovations and to build an education portfolio to prepare for various career paths. In this context you will have the opportunity to acquire a basic qualification in teaching (BKO).
The candidate must have a completed master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences or in a related area, and proven affinity with education. Candidates who have completed or are close to completing a PhD in Biomedical Sciences are also strongly encouraged to apply for these positions.
In addition, the candidate must
• Be fluent in English;
• Have strong oral and written communication skills;
• Possess good organizational skills;
• Be proactive.
The junior lecturer position is ideally suited for early-career teachers. The appointment is for 4 years and 2 months, including a probation period of
2 months. We have three positions available, with varying start dates from May 15 to August 1.
You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl like:
• Remuneration of 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
• Possibilities to work part-time;
• Generous contribution commuting allowance;
• A wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge.
For additional information please contact: Dr. R.J. van Belle-van den Berg.
Bachelor’s coordinator Biomedical Sciences). Website: science.vu.nl.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature