Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Lecturer in International Relations
Are you a political scientist with an interest in international relations, international political economy and global governance? Do you want to teach and coordinate a variety of our political science courses? And do you want to actively contribute to our scholarly community? Then please apply for this Lecturer in International Relations position at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU).
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 5127 per maand
The Department of Political Science and Public Administration is committed to high quality academic education and research. Our educational programmes include political science (bachelor and master), governance and organisation (bachelor), public administration (master), philosophy, politics and economics (bachelor, with the faculties of Humanities and Economics), and law and politics of international security (master, with the Law Faculty). Our research is organized in two programmes: Multi-level governance and New modes of public governance. A central theme in our teaching and research in political science is the way in which domestic politics and international relations have become systematically interconnected.
We are seeking a lecturer in Political Science with a specialisation in international relations and (international) political economy. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic to teach courses on international relations, global political economy, global governance, political institutions, quantitative and/or qualitative research methods and policy-making. You need to hold a PhD in political science (or related fields) and have a strong methodological background, including experience with state-of-the-art quantitative research methods.
We expect you to be able to teach a variety of courses in political science at Bachelor and Master level, possibly also including the VU Bachelor in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, and supervising Bachelor and Master theses.
This position is for the duration of four years, during you are given the opportunity to complete a Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO). You’ll obtain the possibility to build a portfolio in education for carrier opportunities in various disciplines: teaching in higher education (HBO), policy making, education (WO) or education of professionals in the industry.
- teach and coordinate a variety of courses in political science at the bachelor and the master level
- take on managerial duties; member of the department-level teaching work groups, member of the programme committee, Member of the Examination Board, Year group coordinator
- actively contribute to the scholarly community of the Department of Political Science and Public Administration
- a PhD degree in political science (or a related field)
- demonstrable experience with high-quality teaching in political science
- demonstrable expertise in political science methods and a good command of state-of-the-art quantitative methods
- excellent command of the English language
- a willingness to learn Dutch (for non-Dutch applicants)
- the ability to work in a team as well as independently
ConditionsThe salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience, range from a minimum of €2.790 gross per month (scale 10) up to a maximum of €5127 gross per month (salary scale 11) based on a full-time employment. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system Docent 3 and 4 (UFO). Foreign candidates may be entitled to a 30% tax break, upon approval of the Dutch tax agency.
The successful candidate will ideally need to be able to start at the latest by 15 August 2021. The appointment will be for 50 months.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
• a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
• 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
• considerable employer’s contribution to the ABP pension scheme
• homework allowance of €25 per month
• optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Given the composition of the staff of the Department, we especially welcome applications by members of underrepresented groups.
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Send us an e-mail with your curriculum vitae and cover letter.
Name: Prof. dr. Gjalt de Graaf
Position: Head of Department
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Dr. Nana de Graaff
Position: Associate Professor of Political Science