Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam - Rotterdam
We are looking for a highly motivated PhD Candidate who wishes to conduct his or her PhD research in the context of a research project funded by the …
The department of Political Science and Public Administration is looking for an enthusiastic lecturer. The candidate will be expected to • teach courses in …
The department of Political Science and Public Administration is looking for an enthusiastic lecturer.
The candidate will be expected to
• teach courses in International Relations, international security and/or international political economy the in the Master program in Political Science and the LLM program ‘Law and Politics of International Security’
• supervise Master theses in the Master program in Political Science and the LLM program ‘Law and Politics of International Security’ ;
• be able to teach courses in the Bachelor Political Science and the “Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) program;
• contribute to the promotional activities for the programs.
The successful candidate must have completed a PhD in political science, international political economy or International Relations or a related area and a proven affinity with education.
In addition, the candidate must
• be an inspiring lecturer;
• have solid knowledge of International Relations;
• have strong communication skills;
• be able to successfully collaborate in a team of staff members;
• be fluent in English.
Affinity with the department’s research in the fields of governance of health and social care; governance of third sector organizations; governance of safety and security, and multi-level governance is a plus.
We would like our department to reflect our diverse student population and therefore especially encourage international, female and ethnic minority candidates to apply.
The lecturer position is ideally suited for starting teachers. The appointment is for 4 years and 2 months, including a period of probation of 2 months. The starting date is between 1 July and 1 September.
You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment via https://www.vu.nl/en/employment/ like:
• remuneration of 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
• a minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
• discounts on collective insurances (healthcare- and car insurance).
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations and, depending on education and experience, will range from a minimum of € 3.238 gross per month up to a maximum of € 4.757 gross per month (salary scale 11) based on a fulltime employment.
For additional information please contact: prof. Wolfgang Wagner (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicants are requested to write a letter in which they describe their abilities and motivation, accompanied by a curriculum vitae, a brief teaching statement, teaching evaluations as well as the contact details of two referees.
Applications should be sent before 1 May 2018 via e-mail mentioning “application Lecturer in Political Science” in the subject line.
Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.