1 dag geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
PhD (4 years) position “effects of low-load-prolonged-stretch orthoses on muscle properties and joint mobility”
The Department of Human Movement Sciences Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, is offering a four-year PhD studentship focused on the effects of low-load-prolonged- …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
The Department of Human Movement Sciences Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, is offering a four-year PhD studentship focused on the effects of low-load-prolonged-stretch (LLPS) on muscle properties and joint mobility in patients with muscle contractures. This project combines experiments using animal models with clinical observational studies to obtain insight in the effects and underlying mechanisms of stretching using a dynamic corrective orthosis. The studentship is funded by a grant provided by the D.H. Heijne Foundation. Applicants are expected to have experience and/or affinity with animal and clinical studies, and are expected to be multidisciplinary in nature to operate on the edge of both fields.
- A completed MSc degree in the field of Human Movement Science, or related areas;
- Expertise in biomechanics and muscle mechanics;
- Experience with (animal) experimental research involving muscle or joint mechanics is a pre;
- Experience in clinical research or a clinical professional background is a pre;
- Adequate programming skills in Matlab
- Good writing skills;
- Good command of the English Language (mandatory);
- Good communication skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts €2,325 (PhD) per month during the first year and increases to €2,972 (PhD) per month during the fourth year, based on a full-time employment. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 1 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended for a duration of 4 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment,
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus,
- solid pension scheme (ABP), contribution to commuting expenses,
- a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge.
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 24 October 2019.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Dr. Han Houdijk, Dr. Huub Maas, Prof. Dr. Jaap van Dieën.
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com