Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD (4 years) position “The master’s eye- a study into promoting the perceptual skills of PE-teachers”
The Department of Human Movement Sciences Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, is offering a four-year PhD studentship focused on assessing and promoting perceptual …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
The Department of Human Movement Sciences Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, is offering a four-year PhD studentship focused on assessing and promoting perceptual skill among teachers in physical education, using gaze measurement and training. The studentship is funded by a SIA RAAK-PRO grant assigned to Windesheim University of Applied Sciences in Zwolle, The Netherlands in collaboration with the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Having experience with gaze measurement and modelling, and/or affinity with physical education is a merit. Applicants should have obtained their master degree or expect to obtain it by November 2019.
- A completed MSc degree in the field of movement science, experimental psychology, sport science or related fields;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills;
- Good writing skills;
- Good command of the English Language (mandatory)
- Good command of the Dutch language is a pre;
- Good communication skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience with gaze measurements and analyses and affinity with physical education is a merit;
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts €2,325 (PhD) per month during the first year and increases to €2,972 (PhD) per month during the fourth year, based on a full-time employment. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended for a duration of 4 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP), contribution to commuting expenses
- a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge
- discounts on collective insurances (healthcare- and car insurance);
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 21 October 2019, 14:00.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: John van der Kamp
Position: associate professor