PhD candidate Prosocial Behaviour
Are you experienced in quantitative research methods and interested in what drives human helping and prosocial behaviour? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you! Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
This project is part of the European Research Council (ERC) project DONORS, a multidisciplinary scientific project on prosocial behaviour, with an open eye for a societally pressing topic, namely blood and organ donation. Duration of the PhD project is four years and the PhD candidate will participate in the VU Social Sciences Graduate School as well as in the PhD network at Sanquin Research Institute.
- examine motivations and barriers for prosocial behaviour using large-scale survey and registry data
- collect and analyse information about macro-level indicators of blood, plasma and organ collection in Europe
- complete a (dissertation of a) series of journal articles in English
- social media and popular communication about the research results
- excellent training (MSc degree in e.g., sociology, economics, health sciences, social sciences or related discipline) in a Research Master program
- strong record in quantitative research methods, demonstrated by high grades for a Research Master program and courses in statistics and methodology
- outstanding organizational and analytical skills, flexibility (work at two locations), communicational skills (including social media) and perseverance, ability to work in a team and excellence in written and spoken English
- open eye for societal relevance of the project
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts €2,325 (PhD) per month during the first year and increases to €2,972 (PhD) per month during the fourth year, based on a full-time employment. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended for a total duration of 4 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter before 14 September 2019. The job interviews are planned for 23 September 2019 (1st round) and 4 October 2019 (2nd round), when possible please take them into account when applying for the position.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Eva-Maria Merz
Position: Associate Professor
Telephone: 06 1214 3879