Ongeveer 9 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
PhD position Clinical Psychology
Are you interested to perform high quality scientific research on psychological interventions during the COVID-19 pandemic? Would you like to work in an international academic research team at the VU Department of Clinical, Neuro- and Developmental Psychology? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2395 - € 3061 per maand
As PhD student within the Department of Clinical Psychology you will conduct research within the EU H2020 RESPOND project leading to a PhD thesis. You will conduct a randomized controlled trial on the effectiveness of a stepped care psychological interventions developed by WHO within vulnerable individuals in the Netherlands with COVID-19 related psychological distress. This program will be further adapted during the course of the project, and will be delivered remotely (e.g., digitally and through teleconferencing).
You will be a team member within the Cross-cultural and Global Mental Health Research Group, which is led by Dr. Marit Sijbrandij. Our research group hosts a number of research projects on evaluating brief psychological interventions for mental health problems following trauma and adversities. Our projects have specific focus on refugees and populations at high risk for trauma and adversities.
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the RESPOND project in the Netherlands, including writing the study protocol, obtaining ethics approvals, recruitment of participants and planning of assessments
- You will analyse data, write scientific papers for international peer-reviewed journals, that contribute to your PhD thesis
- You will contribute to education in the Section of Clinical Psychology, for instance by supervising master theses and contributing to courses
- You have completed a 2-years (Research) Master programme in the area of Clinical Psychology, or a related relevant discipline with excellent results
- You have knowledge of and experience with clinical, experimental or public health research
- You have excellent writing and data analysis skills
- You are a good team player with a structured and organized way of working
- Non-Dutch speaking candidates are invited to apply, however, fluency in the Dutch language would be an asset
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts €2,395 (PhD) per month during the first year and increases to €3,061 (PhD) per month during the fourth year, based on a full-time employment. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended with approx. 3 years until December 1, 2023.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until October 30, 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: dr.Marit Sijbrandij
Position: associate professor and Director of the WHO Collaborating Center of Reserach and Dissemination of Psychological Interventions
Telephone: +31 205988360