Ongeveer 13 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD position Health Technology Assessment
We are searching for a PhD student in the field of (trial-based) economic evaluations. As resources for healthcare are scarce, decision-makers need to decide …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2395 - € 3061 per maand
We are searching for a PhD student in the field of (trial-based) economic evaluations. As resources for healthcare are scarce, decision-makers need to decide how to allocate the already scarce resources as efficiently as possible. The results of an economic evaluation can inform such decisions. In economic evaluations, the additional costs of a healthcare intervention as compared to an alternative intervention are assessed and are related to its additional health effects. In recent years, economic evaluations have increasingly been conducted and their results are increasingly being used and requested by healthcare decisions-makers.
Within this project, several trial-based economic evaluations of healthcare interventions will be performed (e.g. in musculoskeletal health). Additionally, methodological research will be conducted to improve the overall quality of (trials-based) economic evaluations. For example, by assessing the performance of various statistical methods, and/or assessing how best the measure and value health-related quality of life in musculoskeletal health
- conduct applied cost-effectiveness studies in the field of musculoskeletal health
- mental health and nutrition and prevention develop and evaluate new methods to evaluate cost-effectiveness studies in randomised controlled studies
- collaborate with researchers in different medical disciplines
- contribute to teaching activities in the Health Sciences department
- MSc in Econometrics, Health Economics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Sciences or a closely related discipline
- good knowledge of biostatistics and statistical software such as R and Stata is an advantage
- demonstrable interest in and affinity with the field of cost-effectiveness
- research good command of written and spoken English
- excellent communication skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts euro 2.395 per month during the first year and increases to euro 3.061 per month during the fourth year, based on a full-time employment.
The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE. The appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended for a duration of 4years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41daysofannualleavebasedon full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme(ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until June 27, 2021.
The job interviews are planned for July 6, 2021 and July 8, 2021, when possible please take the min to account when applying for the position.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. Dr. Judith Bosmans
Position: Professor Methodology of Health Technology Assessment
Name: Dr. Johanna van Dongen
Position: Assistant professor Health Technology Assessment