1 dag geleden - Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) - Delft
Aircraft noise modelling and climate effects of aviation
The PhD will study three selected cases with a multi-sited ethnography approach. Multi-sited ethnography allows the researcher an in-depth understanding of human and non-human actors in the network, needed to analyse micro conditions of successful ...
The PhD will study three selected cases with a multi-sited ethnography approach. Multi-sited ethnography allows the researcher an in-depth understanding of human and non-human actors in the network, needed to analyse micro conditions of successful inter-organizational collaboration and the sense making of legal and organizational aspects. Data is collected through participant observation in expert meetings, observation at the asset departments of network operators and through interviews with asset managers, local government, and experts. In this way knowledge is gathered on the working of the socio-technical networks and the success of different governance models.
• Conduct data collection through a (multi-sited) ethnography;
• Analyse socio-technical networks with multiple methods, training to the methods will be provided;
• Write articles for international peer reviewed scientific journals;
• Write a PhD thesis;
• Support the NGInfra network operators to materialise the full potential of the study;
• Collaborate with other scholars in the research project;
• Participate in the research activities of Organization Sciences Department;
• Contribute to some teaching tasks of the Organization Sciences Department.
• Msc in organization sciences, (organization) anthropology, organization psychology, or social sciences;
• Has experience with ethnographic research;
• Is interested in socio-materiality and a socio-technical approach;
• Is a team player, working together with other researchers and practitioners of NGInfra partners;
• Needs to be proficient in spoken Dutch;
• Needs to be proficient in written English.
The appointment will be for a total of four years. The initial appointment will be for a period of one year, extendable up to three more years upon a positive evaluation.
You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl like:
• remuneration of 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
• solid pension scheme (ABP);
• a minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
• participation in Individual Choices model.
For additional information please contact:
Prof.dr. A.H. van Marrewijk
phone: +31 20 596740
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) is a leading, innovative and growing university that is at the heart of society and actively contributes to new developments in teaching and research. Our university has ten faculties, and provides work for over 4,500 staff and scientific education for more than 23,000 students.
The Faculty of Social Sciences is one of the larger faculties of the Vrije Universiteit. Over 2,500 students and more than 250 employees are engaged in teaching and research on social-science issues. The faculty has 5 bachelor- and 7 master programs. In addition to Organization Science, the faculty offers bachelor and master programs in anthropology, political science, public administration, communication science and sociology. The main focus of research is societal resilience (see www.fsw.vu.nl/en/research/institute-for-societal-resilience/).
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature