Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD Single Molecule Biophysics
We are pleased to advertise at the Vrije Universiteit 2 of the 13 PhD positions for early-stage researchers (ESRs) to begin in February/March 2020, as part of …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
We are pleased to advertise at the Vrije Universiteit 2 of the 13 PhD positions for early-stage researchers (ESRs) to begin in February/March 2020, as part of the Innovative Training Network of the European Commission entitled “DNA helicases in genome maintenance: from molecular and cellular mechanisms to specific inhibitors as potential drugs” (AntiHelix). The offered positions will last at least three years and will allow all the recruited researchers to be enrolled in local PhD schools and to participate in an exciting multidisciplinary research programme that will enhance their career perspectives in both the academic and non-academic sector. In addition to their individual projects, all ESRs will benefit from a dedicated training programme consisting of local and network wide training activities aimed at improving their scientific knowledge and transferable skills. (More information at about the project below)
- have not been resident or have conducted main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than 12 months within the last three years in the country where the project will take place
- be in the first four years of their research career (measured from the date they have obtained a degree that allows them to enrol in a PhD program)
- be fluent in English
- have a master in Physics, Biochemistry or a related topic
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts €2,325 (PhD) per month during the first year and increases to €2,972 (PhD) per month during the fourth year, based on a full-time employment. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended for a duration of 3 or 4 years. Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance.
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 29 November 2019.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Prof. Gijs Wuite
Include in the application:
- a motivation letter (max. two pages) - please indicate in the subject for which project you are applying
- a CV including the details of education/qualifications, work experience, language skills and other relevant skills; indication of at least two Scientists for reference letters
- a certified/signed copy of a recent transcript of exams taken with relative mark. A certified/signed copy of Master of Science certificate or a letter from the Head of the degree course stating that the Student is going to finish before the end of 2019