Do you have experience in bioinformatic and genetic data analysis, and would you like to work in a multidisciplinary team of professionals in statistics, bioinformatics, artificial intelligence, neuroscience, psychology and stem cell biology in an academic environment? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
The successful candidate will be part of the EU funded ERC Advanced Grant ‘From GWAS to Function (GWAS2FUNC)’, and will focus on integrating bioinformatics resources with GWAS data. This can be part of the existing tool FUMA (https://fuma.ctglab.nl) developed by our lab, but can also comprise developing novel tools. The candidate will work in an enthusiastic team of PhD students and postdocs, with diverse backgrounds, including statistics, bioinformatics, artificial intelligence, neuroscience, psychology and stem cell biology.
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented individual. You will be working with large genetic and bioinformatic datasets, with information on e.g. chromatin interactions, scRNA seq, or spatial gene expression patterns. The successful candidate needs to be proficient in scientific programming, with practical experience in the analysis of large bioinformatics and genetics datasets.
- develop novel bioinformatic tools for integrating results from genome-wide association studies with biological information at single cell resolution
- application of tools to data on brain-related traits
- co-supervision of MSc and PhD students
- authoring and co-authoring manuscripts submitted to high quality journals
- some support (10% of time) with teaching is expected
- frequently present work at international community (at conference calls, or
- PhD in any of the of the following fields: bioinformatics, computational biology or related computational field
- demonstrable experience in bioinformatic data analysis, and in working with large datasets
- demonstrable experience in genetic data analysis (GWAS, WES, WGS)
- a good ability to write and read English
- strong computer programming skills, experience with Python, the R statistical language and working in a UNIX environment
- support ‘open science’: share tools and data with the wider scientific community
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,709 (scale 10)
and a maximum €4,274 (scale 10), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
Additional informationYou are requested to write a letter in which you describe your abilities and motivation,
accompanied by your curriculum vitae, a list of grades of your MSc and the names and
contact details of two scientific referees. Please compile all this together in one
document to pdf.
Are you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 31 May 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: D. Posthuma
Position: professor/head section
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature