POSTDOC Global Environmental Governance
Do you have the ambition to work in an interdisciplinary team of researchers investigating the future of agricultural landscapes in Europe? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
This post-doc will work in the BioStar project, a collaboration between IVM-EPA and the Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency. The successful candidate would support our ongoing investigations of the bottom-up, non-state biodiversity governance landscape, its effectiveness and legitimacy, as well as questions related to integration into the post- 2020 biodiversity framework. A possible empirical focus of this post-doc could possibly evolve around existing linkages between the UN oceans agenda and biodiversity.
- Systematically review literature on international bottom-up biodiversity governance
- Contribute to building and further developing a database on transnational biodiversity, including information on geographical distribution and hotspots
- Write policy briefs to inform Dutch, international and European Union decision-makers
- Teach 1 course in our master program Environmental and Resource Management or Global Environmental Change and Policy
- PhD degree in Political Science
- Knowledge of environmental governance
- Proven experience in studying biodiversity at European and international levels
- Experience in working in interdisciplinary teams
- Able to start the position between August and October 2020 (depending on Corona developments)
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,709 (scale 10)
and a maximum €4,274 (scale 10), depending on your education and experience. The job profile (Onderzoeker 4) is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension provided successful externa funding.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae, names of two potential references and cover letter before 1 June 2020.
Due to COVID-19 the first interviews will be done online and we might need to postpone the last interview round till it’s possible to have a face-to face meetings. Don’t let COVID-19 get in the way of a great opportunity to work for the VU! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. Philipp Pattberg
Position: Research Group Leader