Postdoc in Dynamical Systems
The Department of Mathematics of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam welcomes applications for a three-year Postdoctoral position in Dynamical Systems, including …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
The Department of Mathematics of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam welcomes applications for a three-year Postdoctoral position in Dynamical Systems, including (but not limited to) computational dynamics, data driven dynamics, network dynamics and evolutionary PDEs.
Preference will be given to candidates who can connect to existing research strengths in the department. The preferred starting date is 1 September 2021, or before.
The department has a strong desire to hire more female colleagues. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply.
- conducting research in the area of Dynamical Systems (85%)
- contributing to the teaching portfolio of the Department of Mathematics (15%)
- a PhD in mathematics with expertise in Dynamical Systems
- strong independent research skills
- good communication skills in English
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,491 and a maximum of €4,402. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 0.8-1.0 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for two years. After a satisfactory evaluation, the contract will be extended for another year. Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- good paid parental leave scheme
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button by February 1st, 2021 and upload: a cover letter in which you describe your motivation, a curriculum vitae, a research statement, and the names and e-mail addresses of three references.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Jan Bouwe van den Berg
Position: Professor of Mathematics