Postdoc in infinite dimensional differential topology
The Department of Mathematics of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam welcomes applications for a four-year Postdoctoral position in infinite dimensional differential …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2836 - € 4474 per maand
The Department of Mathematics of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam welcomes applications for a four-year Postdoctoral position in infinite dimensional differential topology. The postdoc will work on the NWO-funded project "Proper Fredholm homotopy theory" together with dr. T. O. Rot and will be part of the differential topology group at the department.
The plan is to develop certain aspects of differential topology in infinite dimensions. The new methods and tools will then be used in the study of non-linear PDE's and give a new homotopical understanding of Floer theory.
Please request a copy of the proposal at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering to apply.
The preferred starting date is before 15th of May, 2022.
The department has a strong desire to hire more female colleagues. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply.
- conducting research in the area of the differential topology of infinite dimensional spaces (85%)
- contributing to the teaching portfolio of the Department of Mathematics (15%)
- a PhD in mathematics with expertise in one of the following areas
- differential topology
- homotopy theory / algebraic topology
- non-linear analysis
- strong independent research skills
- good communication skills in English
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,548 and a maximum of €4,474. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 0.8-1.0 FTE.
The initial appointment will be for one year, with a possibility of a three-year extension. Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- good paid parental leave scheme
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button by 1 February 2022 and upload: a cover letter in which you describe your motivation, a curriculum vitae, a research statement, and the names and e-mail addresses of three references.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Thomas Rot
Position: Assistant Professor of Mathematics