The FINDER programme, a research collaboration between Radboud University and Atos, an international leading information technology services company, sets out …
Postdoc position in Longitudinal Survey Design and Data Analysis
The Department of Sociology is looking for a Postdoctoral researcher in Longitudinal Survey Design and Data Analysis for the pilot survey in A Broader Mind …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 24 uur
- € 2640 - € 4166 per maand
The Department of Sociology is looking for a Postdoctoral researcher in Longitudinal Survey Design and Data Analysis for the pilot survey in A Broader Mind Longitudinal Study. A Broader Mind is an innovative educational program for all Bachelor's students at the VU. The program is supported by the Executive Board of the Vrije Universiteit and is part of one of the profile ambitions. The ABMLS will be designed to track the civic, social, and professional development of successive cohorts of students at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam participating in the program, starting in the 2018-2019 academic year. The pilot study will lay the foundation for a long term study. We seek a candidate with enthusiasm for longitudinal data and experience in the design of longitudinal surveys and the analysis of panel data, in sociology, social psychology, developmental psychology, or educational science. The appointed researcher is working with the project leader, René Bekkers to design the pilot study and co-supervise a junior researcher on the project.
The candidate will be expected to
• interact with René Bekkers and the program leaders of A Broader Mind to set priorities for the survey instrument;
• conduct a systematic review the research literature and analyze data from existing surveys on student development;
• co-supervise the junior researcher employed on the project;
• lead the documentation of the survey instruments for the longitudinal study;
• participate in everyday departmental activities and tasks.
The successful candidate must have a PhD in one of the Social Sciences. The candidate should:
• have a proven track record of research contributions relying on panel survey data;
• have an international network of collaborators;
• have the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team;
• have good communication skills;
• be fluent in English.
We would like our department to reflect our diverse student population and therefore especially encourage female candidates to apply.
The appointment will be for a total of 1.5 years. The starting date is September 1, 2018.
You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl like:
• remuneration of 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
• a minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
• generous contribution commuting allowance based on public transport.
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience, range from a minimum € 2,640.00 gross per month in the first year up to a maximum of € 4,166.00 gross per month (salary scale 10) based on a full-time employment.
For additional information on A Broader Mind, see the website of VU Amsterdam, https://www.vu.nl/en/about-vu-amsterdam/mission-and-profile/broader-mind/index.aspx
For additional information on the vacancy, please contact:
Prof. dr. R. Bekkers
phone: +31 20 598 6493
Applicants should send a cover letter with their motivation, a CV including publications, and contact details for a reference, preferably as one PDF file before 15 August, 2018 to Prof.dr. R. Bekkers via the application button.
Please mention the vacancy number in the e-mail header.
Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.