Postdoc Position On Fair & Confidential Research Data
A full-time research position is available at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam on improving access to confidential research data in the context of the national ODISSEI project.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
Together with our partners in the ODISSEI project, we aim to make all research data in the social sciences FAIR: findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable. We know how to achieve these goals on open data, but how to do this on confidential data is still an open research area. How do you make confidential data findable without making it public? How do you assess whether data is applicable to your research question without being allowed to inspect it? How do you verify the outcome of your data analysis if you are not allowed to see even a sample of the data? How would you develop virtual research environments supporting reproducible scientific data analysis on such data? If you are passionate about these topics and curious to find answers, then we are looking for you!
- You will develop and evaluate techniques to make a wide variety of potentially confidential research datasets from different data providers FAIR
- You improve access by designing semi-automatic data extraction and linkage methods to enrich the metadata without revealing confidential data
- You will do data science research with a focus on the role of human factors, in close collaboration with researchers from the humanities and social sciences
- You will collaborate with Dr. Jacco van Ossenbruggen and Dr. Tobias Kuhn in the User-centric Data Science group
- Candidates are expected to have a PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or similar field
- Candidates have to have a strong record of publications in fields relevant for the position. The exact research topic will depend on the expertise and background of the candidate
- Experience with (meta) data standards, data integration and managing research infrastructure projects is a plus
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2.790 and a maximum of €4.402 (scale 10). The job profile: researcher 4 is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended for a total duration of 3 years (or slightly longer if employed at less than 1.0 FTE.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8 % holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until November 1, 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Tobias Kuhn
Position: Assistant Professor
Telephone: 020 59 87449