Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Postdoc Position: optical fiber sensing - from lab bench to market
Would you like to be one of the driving forces of a project that aims at bringing a new patented invention to market? If yes, this position may be the one that you are looking for.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
As a postdoctoral fellow, you will carry out the experimental work needed to validate the working principle of a new, patented photoacoustic sensor for gas analysis. You will also engage with different stakeholders of the value chain that should bring this sensor to market (e.g., business experts, external companies, NGOs). You will have thus the opportunity to get the best of both worlds: research (development of a unique optical fiber sensor) and knowledge transfer (deployment of that sensor to a specific application).
- carry out simulations and experiments to optimize and validate the performance of an optical fiber gas sensor
- contribute to formulate a business case to deploy the developed sensor in the gas/oil and/or agro/food industries
- coordinate in-field experiments to validate the technology-market fit
- report the results in closed-door meetings, papers, contribution at conferences, and confidential reports
- PhD degree in physics, engineering, or equivalent
- proven experience in testing equipment and performing experiments in the lab
- knowledge of and experience with at least one of the following: optical fiber sensing, interferometry, photonics integrated circuits, numerical simulations
- excellent command of the English language
- interest in knowledge transfer and idea-to-market
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,709 (scale 10) and a maximum €4,274 (scale 10), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 1.0 FTE.
The appointment will be for 18 months, and it is immediately available.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 29 November 2019. The job interviews will take place around the first week of December. You will be contacted if you are short listed.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Imran Avci
Position: Co-Project Leader
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature