Postdoc Research on Prosocial Behaviour
Are you experienced in quantitative research methods and interested in what drives human helping and prosocial behaviour? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you. Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 32 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
The project is part of the European Research Council (ERC) project DONORS, a multidisciplinary scientific project on prosocial behaviour, with an open eye for a societally pressing topic, namely blood and organ donation. Duration of the postdoc project is three years.
- examine motivations and barriers for prosocial behaviour using large-scale survey and registry data
- collect and analyse information about macro-level indicators of blood and plasma collection in Europe
- complete a series of journal articles in English
- social media and popular communication about the research results
- excellent training (MSc in e.g., sociology, economics, health sciences, social sciences or related discipline) in a Research Master program
- PhD in one of these disciplines (e.g., sociology, economics, health sciences, social sciences or related discipline)
- strong (publication) record in quantitative research methods
- outstanding organisational and analytical skills, flexibility (work at two locations), communicational skills (including social media) and perseverance, ability to work in a team and excellence in written and spoken English
- open eye for the societal relevance of the project
ConditionsThe salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts €2,709 (10.0) per month during the first year and increases to €4.274 (10.12) per month on a full-time employment. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation, the contract will be extended with another 2 years. Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalised benefits package
- a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter before 14 September 2019. The job interviews are planned for 23 September 2019 (1st round) and 4 October 2019 (2nd round), when possible please take them into account when applying for the position.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Eva-Maria Merz
Position: Associate Professor