PublicSpirit is voor de gemeenten Molenwaard en Giessenlanden op zoek naar een Kwartiermaker/Beoogd griffier voor de nieuwe gemeente Molenlanden.
Postdoc Researcher and Lecturer Meaningful and Sustainable Patient Engagement in the Medicine Life Cycle
We offer the position of Postdoc and Lecturer (combining research and teaching – 60%:40%) on Meaningful and Sustainable patient engagement in the medicine life cycle. Athena is Work Package leader in the European PARADIGM consortium ...
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
We offer the position of Postdoc and Lecturer (combining research and teaching – 60%:40%) on Meaningful and Sustainable patient engagement in the medicine life cycle. Athena is Work Package leader in the European PARADIGM consortium which mission it is to develop a framework that allows structured, meaningful, sustainable and ethical patient engagement throughout three key decision-making points of the development of medicinal products (prioritization of research, early dialogue between regulators and HTA and design of clinical trials). Together with partners like the European Patient Foundation, European AIDS Treatment Group, University of Oxford and major pharmaceutical companies the Athena Institute will develop metrics to evaluate value and impact of patient engagement practices and develop a toolbox to support implementation of meaningful patient engagement.
The teaching activities are part of courses and programs coordinated by the Athena Institute on a variety of subjects of management and policy in the field of health and life sciences. The language of instruction is English.
• have a PhD degree, preferably in the field of patient engagement, responsible research and innovation, system innovations, reflexive monitoring or other discipline(s) that shows an integrated social sciences and natural sciences background;
• have expertise in both interactive and statistical research methods and you are open to transdisciplinary research work;
• have published in refereed international journals or books;
• have potential for, or experience with, obtaining research grants;
• hold a network of relevant international contacts;
• write and speak Dutch and English fluently;
• are a team player;
• have excellent teaching skills and you are an engaged and inspiring lecturer, as proven by student-evaluations;
• are well capable to supervise a theoretical thesis, research projects and student internships.
The appointment will initially be for a period of one year with a possible extension conditional upon assessment of adequate functioning. There are possibilities to start a tenure track when functioning is excellent.
You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment at http://www.workingatvu.nl like:
• remuneration of 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance
• a minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
• participation in Individual Choices model.
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience and qualifications, range from a minimum of € 2588,00 up to a maximum of € 4084,00 gross per month for salary scale 10, based on fulltime employment.
For information please contact prof. dr. J.E.W. Broerse (firstname.lastname@example.org) or dr. Tjerk Jan Schuitmaker (T.J.Schuitmaker@vu.nl).
For more information about the Athena Institute visit our website: https://science.vu.nl/en/research/athena-institute/index.aspx.
Applicants are requested to write a letter in which they describe their abilities and motivation, accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae. Written applications should be sent by e-mail before 15 February 2018.
Please mention the vacancy number in the subject and at the top of your letter. The mail should be addressed to prof. dr. J.E.W. Broerse.
The job is located at:
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences
De Boelelaan 1085
1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) is a leading, innovative and growing university that is at the heart of society and actively contributes to new developments in teaching and research. Our university has ten faculties, and provides work for over 4,500 staff and scientific education for more than 23,000 students.
The position is offered within the Athena Institute, Faculty of Science. The institute’s mission is to study and design interfaces between science and society to contribute both to a deeper understanding of innovation processes as well as a responsible implementation of research and innovation in society. The Athena Institute is a leading institute in methodology development to realize the meaningful exchange of knowledge and expertise between scientific and non-scientific groups, like patients, and the reflexive monitoring, analysis and evaluation of the impact in the processes such as themes of agenda settings, regulation, reimbursement, innovation and adoption.