3 dagen geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Geleen
Postdoctoral researcher in computational molecular toxicology
Are you looking for a PostDoc position in computational molecular toxicology? Do you want to be closely involved in enabling safety assessment of drugs and other chemicals without the need for animal testing? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 20 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate with a strong computational and molecular-oriented background to develop research within the Dutch NWA-ORC project Virtual Human Platform for Safety Assessment (VHP4Safety.nl).
- Develop computational models for the prediction of substrate binding to and metabolite formation by Cytochrome P450s and other enzymes involved in phase I and phase II drug metabolism
- Combine available software based on quantum calculations, protein-ligand binding, or machine learning into tools for consensus prediction of drug metabolite formation
- Implement and integrate models and tools into workflows for adverse outcome pathways (AOPs) to predict associated molecular initiating and key events and possible effects of polymorphisms
- Contribute to data integration for risk assessment
- Publish scientific articles and present research results at conferences
- Supervision of BSc and MSc students
- Collaborate within the interdisciplinary team of Molecular Toxicologists at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and with other national and international researchers
- PhD in Computational (Bio)chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or Toxicology, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline
- Strong background in developing in silico models, tools and/or workflows to rationalize or predict
reaction kinetics, thermodynamic equilibria or other (bio)molecular properties or processes
- Skills and experience in programming, data science, and/or molecular modelling
- Strong interest in and capabilities to work together with wet-lab specialists
- Knowledge of and/or skills in (mammalian) cell culture, protein expression or analytical chemistry (HPLC, Mass Spectrometry) can be a strong plus
- Strong communication, organizational and social skills
- Fluent in speaking and writing English
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong motivation for scientific research
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,790 (scale 10)
and a maximum €4.402 (scale 10), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.5 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until September 30, 2021. Expected starting date will be January 2022.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. P. Paul Jennings or Dr. D.P. Geerke
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org